IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New 2016 Smart ForTwo
http://www.motortrend.com/roadtests/hatchbacks/1407_2016_smart_fortwo_first_look/

I hope the engines are decent and they get substantially better US mileage than the current models...

Cheers,
Scott.
New I can tell you this...
Rip that motor out of there and put a stock Huyabusa motor and manual transmission in there.

It'll get 50MPG all day long in city and whoop some butt and get 22MPG.

Really, they should just use Motorcycle drivetrain... plus reverse.

I mean really... 34MPG for the current versions? I get that with my 2002 Mitsubishi Lancer.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." --Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
Expand Edited by folkert July 17, 2014, 12:25:52 AM EDT
New I get 38 overall in my '06 Corolla.
New 33 in my '02 Cavalier
--

Drew
New Yesterday I saw a black woman driving a Smart Car.
First time I've seen a woman driving one of those things - always been men.

The women around here (the ones not driving huge SUVs) drive Mini Coopers - outnumbering men at least 3 to one. It has replaced the new VW Beetle as the small lady car.

One thing I'm suddenly seeing a lot of is new Fiat 500s. Doesn't anyone remember about Magneti Marelli electrical systems? Or have they improved?

I remember back in the early 1960s Alfa Romeo was using Lucas Electric stuff rather than Magneti Marelli, but that was sort of like jumping out of the frying pan on the front burner into the one on the back burner.
New I recall the new Fiat 500s are entirely new.
So they should not be burdened with dodgy electrics.

Wade.
New fugly cars
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New Elio $6800+/- -vs- $14,000 ???
As with the hybrids: display your conspicuous Greenishness ... at prices demanding full former-middle-class budgets; seems to me that Elio's focus is just-Right.
(All I really need' is a early Morris MInor (were that not also a collectible) or a pristine Citroën Ami-6 (ditto.)
Yes, I'm an outlier; no lengthy commutes and rare long treks (could retain the Plutocrat for that--what it was designed for, and 31-ish mpg if driven like s Scotsman: insure as needed? etc.) Nor need I ever face salted roads and climbing into a freezer. The Elio's std. A/C takes care of the rising temps--long as I could care.
Finally: yes I Can do all an Elio's maintenance and likely all other R&R except crunched bodywork.. something I've hardly ever needed. Use what you know how to do!

It shouldn't take an extra $7K.. to out-do an Elio's er, under-packaging? to drive roadways with Semis and drunk SUV drivers enroute to a roll-over. My hope is that I'm not alone in willingness to settle for a cockpit not trying to emulate a living room, less than jewelry-grade appearance items--standard Shininess on most-all new cars. (To me that 'pref' belongs to another era, along with planned triennial obsolescence.)

Guess I'll find out in just a few years if my list appeals to more than just moi. ('Course too, Elio's infrastructure may or may not manage the volume needed to stay solvent at this guesstimated price.)
New Scam until they start shipping
Sorry, not believing until seeing.
New No argument there.. it flies or sinks-before-birth.
     2016 Smart ForTwo - (Another Scott) - (9)
         I can tell you this... - (folkert) - (2)
             I get 38 overall in my '06 Corolla. -NT - (mmoffitt)
             33 in my '02 Cavalier -NT - (drook)
         Yesterday I saw a black woman driving a Smart Car. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
             I recall the new Fiat 500s are entirely new. - (static) - (1)
                 fugly cars -NT - (boxley)
         Elio $6800+/- -vs- $14,000 ??? - (Ashton) - (2)
             Scam until they start shipping - (crazy) - (1)
                 No argument there.. it flies or sinks-before-birth. -NT - (Ashton)

Naive is one word for it.
91 ms