IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New As I've long feared
...and yet always imagined that the prospect lurked just over the horizon.

They're going to turn me into a fucking clerk. I've just been handed an administrative burden that has nothing to do with anything I've done for the past twenty-seven years I've had my present assignment or, for that matter, for the previous ten years I spent in the International Division. Hell and damn!!

in high dudgeon (I'm going out to buy a fucking lottery ticket right now),
New But admins get inside info
Use it to your advantage to take revenge on those who annoy you.
New Ouch. Hang in there. Here's hoping there are some rewards along the way.
Is freelancing a possible avenue to keep your skills (and sanity)?

Cheers,
Scott.
New Meh.
I did freelancing in the nineties. The stress was way out of line with respect to the extra income.
New trying to get you to quit before you max out?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New Funny, I had the same thought.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."”

-- Isaac Asimov
New think it's mere...
institutional absentminded brutality. I hate it, but I think I'm rather by way of "collateral damage."

cordially,
New "Don't attribute to malice ..." etc.
--

Drew
New Pleased to report a reprieve!
I arrived this morning, fired up Outlook (prepared to draft a passive-aggressive response to the new assignment: "My attorney has asked for a detailed account of these duties and their applicability to my current position description") and found a message from the middle manager to whom I now report informing me that his masters had changed their minds, such as these are, and that the burden will be assigned to a separate division entirely. Woo and yay, say I. Woo. Yay. Vast relief, although I remain troubled that I even flicker on management radar in connection with this kind of bullshit. I'm starting to feel like King Lear, dissed in my decrepitude. The middle manager is out for the rest of the week, so I don't know what was behind this, although the phrasing of his email suggests that I did not entirely conceal my dismay at yesterday's meeting, notwithstanding my attempt to maintain an impassive demeanor.

senescently,
New Woot!
New Glad it worked out.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." --Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
New Good to hear you dodged the bullet!
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."”

-- Isaac Asimov
     As I've long feared - (rcareaga) - (11)
         But admins get inside info - (crazy)
         Ouch. Hang in there. Here's hoping there are some rewards along the way. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Meh. - (rcareaga)
         trying to get you to quit before you max out? -NT - (boxley) - (3)
             Funny, I had the same thought. -NT - (a6l6e6x)
             think it's mere... - (rcareaga) - (1)
                 "Don't attribute to malice ..." etc. -NT - (drook)
         Pleased to report a reprieve! - (rcareaga) - (3)
             Woot! -NT - (Another Scott)
             Glad it worked out. -NT - (folkert)
             Good to hear you dodged the bullet! -NT - (a6l6e6x)

With the mochas he was strong.
111 ms