No humorous wink-wink-nudge arabesque, but a sequential (straight-faced!) laying out of just How you..

[Ex:]
[Remember, anyone, in the boffo Sir Ian Richardson trio? To Play the KIng ... House of Cards, when: the (woman driving a Saab) goes to pick up the original/sole-copy of a vastly incriminating document re the PM: and the 'Problem' is evident by a glance at the photo-on-top, held in a transparent envelope? She remarks on this fact;
the supercilious custodian (think I recall him as the Heavy in The Raj?) replies.. One Averts One's Eyes. ... you'll recall this snippet: as she leaves with the file, her Saab explodes.
[/]

That's it exactly, and as already suggested n-times ago: for Spooks--in their chosen line of work and via its own Tradecraft-undercurrents of ethics-free pure pursuit of Dirt--the Enemy is indeed the Courts, the Citizens=='civilians'.. and anyone else seeking to artificially hamper The Hunt. Ever-for: its own sake.
qed (for anyone who has ever become Identified with.. any Project whatsoever; thats 99% of the population I know!)

And.. *parallel construction is a stereotypical McGuffin for every such clandestine mind-set, yet. Just a new obfuscation.
* [oblig: cha. cha. cha.] ..for every employed euphemism

Ugly/ugly--and familiar. Of course too, I could very well be mistaken: a million people might, next, come-Alive. (Believe that phenom is labeled "a Conscious(ness) Shock" in some quarters).

Carrion.

(Of course! I wish you Luck on the roulette-wheel of our massively-complexificated, jargon-bound Legal Monster.) Sometimes actual Reason does prevail and you've got enough chops..
not to piss-off any of their primadonnas of pettifoggery: they are soo Proud of their l33t skillz, ya know.
(You do know.)