IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Fixed!!
This is posted from the winders version.
I got a program from Tweaking.com called Windows Repair (All in One) that mostly used MS system tools and put everything back in place. Very cool. E-mail works again. As does chrome. It's time consuming, but I got some time to spend with the problem dog, so that worked out well.
Thanks all! Much appreciated!
-Hugh
"Religion, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable."
~ AMBROSE BIERCE
(1842-1914)
New May have spoken too soon.
My VM no longer works. E_NOINTERFACE error? I could try to reinstall VM, but maybe it doesn't play well with Win7. I use it mostly for development work, which is not in demand since I'm doing embedded C stuff now with a different compiler, and Sudoko. I'd miss the Sudoko, but it's not essential.
Has anybody had a problem with Oracle VM?
"Religion, n. A daughter of Hope and Fear, explaining to Ignorance the nature of the Unknowable."
~ AMBROSE BIERCE
(1842-1914)
New I use VirtualBox
Instead of VMWare... though i have VMWare available to me.

It seems to work very well with Linux... not so sure about Windows on Windows though.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." --Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
New Me too.
We used VM ware at Cisco but that was then and I no longer have access. I use VM as virtual machine rather than the product. I'm thinking of just reinstalling VBox with a new Debian image. I'll make the base image about 40Gb instead of the 4 that they recommend. I think it's 4. Been a while. Anyway, things are better than they were.
~ AMBROSE BIERCE
(1842-1914)
New E_NOINTERFACE you may have reconfigured
your settings with your fix. In the vm, remove the interface.Then in the vm control panel remove the interface, then re-install it. Go back into the vm and install the interface.
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New I removed everything I could find.
That had to do with Oracle VM. I can't reinstall it. The windows msi engine will not remove files that have been changed. There is probably something lurking somewhere that causes the msi engine to shit itself, but it won't clean it up when uninstalling.
The only reason that I'm worried is that the VM let me talk to the net when winders was buggered.
~ AMBROSE BIERCE
(1842-1914)
New Take a look at Revo Uninstaller.
You have to be careful with tools like this, but they are good at removing stuff that Winders won't.

There's a freeware version that may do the job for you:

http://www.revouninstaller.com/revo_uninstaller_free_download.html

Good luck.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Woot!
     Suggestions?? - (hnick) - (22)
         Expired antivirus stuff? Firewall? Other devices (tablets)? - (Another Scott)
         Ugh - (scoenye) - (5)
             Re: Ugh - (hnick) - (4)
                 A firewall or something similar is "protecting" you? - (Another Scott)
                 Try a clean Firefox profile? - (scoenye) - (2)
                     Re: Try a clean Firefox profile? - (hnick) - (1)
                         DNS Hijacker. - (folkert)
         ipconfig /all - (pwhysall) - (6)
             Re: ipconfig /all - (hnick) - (5)
                 Is this the kind of info someone could use to hack you? -NT - (drook) - (1)
                     No. -NT - (pwhysall)
                 The only thing I see that's different from mine... - (Another Scott)
                 You have two connections to the same network - (scoenye) - (1)
                     This. -NT - (pwhysall)
         Fixed!! - (hnick) - (7)
             May have spoken too soon. - (hnick) - (5)
                 I use VirtualBox - (folkert) - (1)
                     Me too. - (hnick)
                 E_NOINTERFACE you may have reconfigured - (boxley) - (2)
                     I removed everything I could find. - (hnick) - (1)
                         Take a look at Revo Uninstaller. - (Another Scott)
             Woot! -NT - (Another Scott)

Wow, now I'm going to get a sparkly jacket and call myself a witch...
56 ms