IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Invaded by mutant goats
aka GIMP 2.9, or "GIMP does 16 bit" and then some. Yay!

It is sluggish at the moment but the basics work. Finally something that can stack >8 bit images that does not require a Windows license. (There are others, but those are FITS based. And converting to/from FITS is not exactly painless. My main need for >8 bit image manipulation is actually astrophotography, but my camera is a plain DSLR and it does not talk FITS.) No crashes so far.

The worst part about building it is finding the right dependencies; plus Gnome's hidden autotools extensions seem to be designed to make life miserable. Cue a linking mess that can only be recovered from by starting over. But once you sort out the versions (GTK 3 is not GTK 2 :-/), insane naming (package atk-bridge is really at-spi2-atk plus at-spi2-core) and circular references (freetype2 <-> harfbuzz <-> cairo), it all comes together without problems.

New Sounds like fun. Enjoy!
New Glutton!
For punishment, that is. :)
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."”

-- Isaac Asimov
     Invaded by mutant goats - (scoenye) - (2)
         Sounds like fun. Enjoy! -NT - (Another Scott)
         Glutton! - (a6l6e6x)