IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New The Navy's great. Or was...
16" battleship gun:

The Armor Piercing (AP) shell fired by these guns is capable of penetrating nearly 30 feet (9 m) of concrete, depending upon the range and obliquity of impact. The High Capacity (HC) shell can create a crater 50 feet wide and 20 feet deep (15 x 6 m). During her deployment off Vietnam, USS New Jersey (BB-62) occasionally fired a single HC round into the jungle and so created a helicopter landing zone 200 yards (180 m) in diameter and defoliated trees for 300 yards (270 m) beyond that.

:-/

Given the way Republicans have tried to destroy the Federal Government, the Navy's not as good as it was.

Best Places to Work (2013).

The 2013 Best Places to Work data present a disturbing picture of federal employees throughout the government who are increasingly dissatisfied with their jobs and workplaces. Government-wide, the federal employee job satisfaction and commitment level dropped for the third year in a row, tumbling 3 points to a score of 57.8 on a scale of 100. This represents the lowest overall Best Places to Work score since the rankings were first launched in 2003, and follows a 3.2-point drop in 2012 and a 1-point decline in 2011.

The Navy ranks highest of the uniformed services (NASA is #1).

Beat Army!

;-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New My brother got a taste of Navy bureaucracy in Vietnam.
He was in the Army. He got plenty of experience in standing in lines. He came down with some dental problems, and stood in the appropriate lines until he finally got to see a doctor.

He was told his dental problems would require the attention of a real dentist, but the Army didn't have one in this region. However, he was told, the Navy did have one, so they'd have to send him there, and gave him a stack of forms to fill out and authorization documents.

He was pissed. He had enough problems with just the Army, and now he was involved in some sort of inter-services nonsense.

Nonetheless he needed the work and went to the Navy installation where he was immediately told what tent to go to. He thought it must be the wrong place - there was no line, but he went in, and sure enough, there was a dental facility and a dentist.

He explained why he was there and presented his stack of papers.

The Navy dentist ruffled through them for a few seconds and asked, "Do you have any interest in this stuff?"

"No."

The dentist heaved the stack of papers into the corner and said, "OK, sit down here and we'll see what we can do for you".

New Dept of Homeland Security....
Dead Last and dropping 6 points... AWESOME!

And to think, they bought A billion rounds of ammo.

Huh, I think Ill talk nice to them guys.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." --Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
New Ain't it da truff!
We admire the superlative design cleverness of this stuff, starting with Manhattan Project--for most intractable project, ever. It's, simply, the bitchin completion of the Difficult.

(That.. while despising membership in a species which is perpetually, renewably! disdainful of any suggestion that our use of these things proves that our species is Madness-person-ified.)

No wonder there-are-no-verbs.
     I don't see what the problem is - (lincoln) - (7)
         (..why Can't I drive my semi? ... in the bicycle lane.) -NT - (Ashton)
         Unheard of? - (scoenye) - (5)
             Introduction to Naval Gunnery. - (Andrew Grygus) - (4)
                 The Navy's great. Or was... - (Another Scott) - (3)
                     My brother got a taste of Navy bureaucracy in Vietnam. - (Andrew Grygus)
                     Dept of Homeland Security.... - (folkert)
                     Ain't it da truff! - (Ashton)

Unfortunately, with great ambition comes great shit hitting the fan.
35 ms