but I can suggest one process which might apply:

(Since you persist in rationalizing (into Ideal-sunniness?) the mindsets of millions of fellow planetary-inmates.)
Y'know about? that particular odd-state between sleep and (what we deem to be our 'conscious'-state, whether we're brain-dead or über-mensch, actually?) This can occur just-before deep sleep or, upon gradual (non!-Noise!) awakening.
Well, Do Ya?

Many students of such matters, of our barely-yet-explored, many-States-of-consciousness, deem that one to be pregnant with self-info, had we the wit to try to prolong it a bit: and learn.
(Some call that mood? mode? when we Can prolong it .. conscious dreaming or directed-dreaming.)
Being merely a rank amateur in such experiments to 'enhance', I can only report here, that:
It is a State where *momentarily* you Do Not Know-fershure if you have-awakened [into the dull daily small-r reality?] or, simply:
Realize-not Who/What/Where "you" Are. Period. [No exaggeration intended. Or needed.]

(If you've experienced such, you don't need those words. If you "can't recall it ever having occurred?" then none of this will make any sense, with any more of them.)
But that's all just preamble to my Point here:

On occasion I've sorta-awakened into: the 'world of mass humanity' which you are convinced is the Same version as the 'world' everyone awakens-to:
One where you don't Need all those laws: Each One passed to keep churlish defectives from imposing their deranged fantasies on everyone else, one where *n-husbands do Not regularly traumatize their unlucky mates nor fire their not-like-me employees; one where a 'family-pet' is Not icily-discarded like last month's obsolescent X-box, one where ____add-lengthy-list.
* the Source-code for most every Hollywood soap opera or musical or TV sit-com since either medium was invented?

But then.. this. never. lasts.
In seconds (if lucky, the State might persist for 5? 10 !? seconds.. longer for others, I hear.)
"I" am thrown back in to the maya/the imagined-world of imagined-"opposites": A grotesque collection including Cheneys, Reagans, the walking monkey-brain-wounded: those who make the most Noise of all … along with the permanent pleasures of the efforts of the collected, timeless artists of all stripes who mean to transform the latter into the?/some? former unpolluted-State.

ie. I do not think that (well, most of us here anyway) summarize the zeitgeist as being 'Really' anything like the one you carry around:
whether that one derives from some extended-conscious-dream-state (?) or just is an inculcated version you happen to possess (or are possessed by.)
Others could be, of course, deranged. But.. you know..

(Any er, more-granular analysis gets into Shrink's-rates) .. and there are already too-many clients clamoring for a release from the Murican Dream-state, as they notice
... quite more often now: the horror of that neurasthenia within their actual-Lives.) :-/ ;^>

Carrion.

(Hey! too: if you Can maintain that vision, while realizing where it aims: you'll be joining cohorts: on the Barricades!)
And be an invaluable planner, should the deranged be routed and their corpses provide sufficient nutrients for a much Greener re-habbed core-Civilization. Eh?