IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Anybody done mailing systems?
One off means no postal discounts.
Do you really mean this, or is it a group on demand?
And are there enough in a given postal zone to justify the presort?
And yes, all the systems I did was a postal sort step which in turn means we prefilled the database with postal info before even printing.
New Good question
We're doing about 500 pieces per day. Enough volume that we want a machine to speed it up but I don't know that we've discussed pre-sorting. I'll look into that. Right now it's on-demand, but if pre-sorting would save us money I'm sure we could queue that up.
--

Drew
New Pre-sorting...
The Software to do that is very unhappy chappy... and costs a lot. Plus it has to be NCOA certified... or whaat ever the Hen it is called now.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." --Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
New Isn't it just zip-code grouping?
I used to do that by hand for a once-a-week process. I can't imagine how it's terribly hard to do.
--

Drew
New Nopers...
It is possibly down to packet grouping in "walk sequence ordering" for the carriers on each route and street.

If you don't really have walk sequence density... you aren't going to save a lot.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
New And 500/day probably won't hit that
--

Drew
New Nopers...
But automating your end of it will reduce you contents generation and packing side of things greatly.

And really, postage isn't *REALLY* your biggest cost anyway.

Auto your 500 pieces a day, they just flop it into a basket and sort it on the main machine anyway. It sorts into 200 different bins... destined for BMCs (Big Mail Centers) which then sort it in carrier sequence and then the carriers sort it manually.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
New Wow!.. that's just a bitchin re-cap of a process
I was once asked to wonder about (for someone; natch I punted as iggerant.).
Pity we can'r dump your jelloware Extended-memory into some bit-brash melange: save many from n-Hours getting to speed.
ie me Bows to such orderly-Recall (across so many 'issues'--spanning all these years) and.. just those as you've posted here (!)

Whereas I have to think twice about such as, nλ = 2d sin θ, (as the CPU-speed begins to er, sinusoidally-deplenerate?)
Doncha just Hate-it when a factoid you Know you know/knew? hides behind some Other word-association and that fucking synapse grabs the Query-buss .. and just won't shut-up!

;^>
     Anybody done mailing systems? - (drook) - (11)
         Re: Anybody done mailing systems? - (folkert) - (2)
             We're looking for hardware to do this in-house - (drook) - (1)
                 Call a Fulfillment house and ask... - (folkert)
         Re: Anybody done mailing systems? - (crazy) - (7)
             Good question - (drook) - (6)
                 Pre-sorting... - (folkert) - (5)
                     Isn't it just zip-code grouping? - (drook) - (4)
                         Nopers... - (folkert) - (3)
                             And 500/day probably won't hit that -NT - (drook) - (2)
                                 Nopers... - (folkert) - (1)
                                     Wow!.. that's just a bitchin re-cap of a process - (Ashton)

Too late, some of us have already taken offense.
45 ms