IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Saw a HERE camera car driving around a few weeks ago.
That's the first time I saw one.

Their maps aren't worth it for me as they can only be used in the browser, apparently.

Not changing phone OSes for them. :-)

It's good they're competing though - that's the way to drive progress.

Cheers,
Scott.
New The offline *search and routing* is the killer feature.
No signal? No problem!

[Colour me confused: where else would you use the maps, if not in the browser or the app (which you can't get for your legacy phone OS [/trololololol])?]
New I'm assuming the browser won't workie without a signal. Gotta check again I guess.
Thanks.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Ah, I see what you mean.
No, you can't download browser maps for offline use.

In the same way that you need the Google Maps app to do the do on Android, you need HERE Drive+/Maps (they use the same maps, which is neat), but then you get actual offline satnav and routing, whereas IIRC all you get is offline mapping with Google Maps, not search/routing/nav (or maybe it'll handle a predefined route, I dunno).
     Garmin Viago for Android. - (Another Scott) - (11)
         I use Google Maps and Navigation... - (folkert) - (5)
             Me too, but having turn-by-turn, etc., off the network is very desirable. -NT - (Another Scott) - (4)
                 Umm... - (folkert) - (3)
                     In Google Maps? Where? -NT - (drook) - (1)
                         See AS's reply to me... - (folkert)
                     I haven't checked recently. - (Another Scott)
         Feh! Feh, I say! - (pwhysall) - (4)
             Saw a HERE camera car driving around a few weeks ago. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                 The offline *search and routing* is the killer feature. - (pwhysall) - (2)
                     I'm assuming the browser won't workie without a signal. Gotta check again I guess. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                         Ah, I see what you mean. - (pwhysall)

5 out of 7, perfect.
71 ms