IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: But, it is Mississippi.Whatever *THAT* means.
Considering the racial segregation, the Southern Baptist encroachment... among many other "Godly things" emanate from there.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." --Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
New could be worse, could be michigan, the most segregated state
http://www.realizethedream.org/reports/states/michigan.html
Michigan is the most segregated state for African Americans, with 62.7% of Black students in extremely segregated schools (those with a 90-100% minority student body)

with its own groups of special people
http://abcnews.go.com/WN/TheLaw/michigan-christian-militia-hutaree-targeted-law-enforcement/story?id=10228716
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New It isn't by accident...
It is amazing how the wagons are circled.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." --Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
New with good reason
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
New Whataboutery.
The pox on discourse in the 21st century.
New Re: Whatever *THAT* means.
On many statistical lists of states Mississippi is at or near the bottom.

Example: Best Educated Index.
Alex

"There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge."”

-- Isaac Asimov
New just 3 states below california, mississippi catching up ;-)
New Jeez.. post-Prop 13, CA fell from top of stairs to bottom,
(bouncing up a couple.. on rebound?)

Had no idea it dropped anywhere near that low.. :-/
Considering our population size, that seems to be a whole lot of dull folks.
And yet.. ... we were smart enough to vote-in Jerry Brown?

New more than just funding
If you are assigned a job in Compton and dont like it, you will leave asap. If no one else wants you because you are useless, stay at Compton. Lather rinse repeat. Money will not solve that problem. Compton needs to solve that problem.
New Pay more in Compton
Why does the market suddenly stop working when the answer is more funding for education?
--

Drew
New Because Unions. Amirite?
New that doesnt work in rural alaska, it won't work in compton
starting teachers salary in bush ak is 78k average plus free housing and paid travel for vacations. It doesn't work. What does work is people from there getting education degrees and giving back to the community. Then the extra salary works. Still in progress but getting better.

Tenure is ok, last hired math teacher, first to be let go. I disagree with last hired math teacher teaching math being replaced by a pysed teacher with more time in. That needs to go.
New Compton isn't the Alaskan Bush
And $78k hasn't worked in Alaska. Have they tried $178k?
--

Drew
New Money isn't the only thing, but it's a lot.
Diane Ravitch:

The single most reliable predictor of test scores is poverty, and poverty, in turn, is correlated to student attendance, to family support, and to the school’s resources.

And perhaps we should begin demanding that school districts be held accountable for providing the resources that schools need. Just like No Child Left Behind, Race to the Top requires and pressures districts to close low-performing schools. The overwhelming majority of low-performing schools enroll students in poverty and students who don’t speak English and students who are homeless and transient. Very often, these schools have heroic staffs who are working with society’s neediest children. These teachers deserve praise, not pink slips. Closing schools weakens communities. It’s not a good idea to weaken communities. No school was ever improved by closing it.

Werd.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Yep.
Now if your President would only listen to anyone besides Michelle Rhee...
     In the "WTF is wrong with you people?" category - (drook) - (20)
         Almost unbelievable. -NT - (mmoffitt) - (16)
             But, it is Mississippi. - (a6l6e6x) - (15)
                 Re: But, it is Mississippi.Whatever *THAT* means. - (folkert) - (14)
                     could be worse, could be michigan, the most segregated state - (boxley) - (3)
                         It isn't by accident... - (folkert) - (1)
                             with good reason -NT - (boxley)
                         Whataboutery. - (pwhysall)
                     Re: Whatever *THAT* means. - (a6l6e6x) - (9)
                         just 3 states below california, mississippi catching up ;-) -NT - (boxley)
                         Jeez.. post-Prop 13, CA fell from top of stairs to bottom, - (Ashton) - (7)
                             more than just funding - (boxley) - (6)
                                 Pay more in Compton - (drook) - (5)
                                     Because Unions. Amirite? -NT - (Another Scott)
                                     that doesnt work in rural alaska, it won't work in compton - (boxley) - (3)
                                         Compton isn't the Alaskan Bush - (drook)
                                         Money isn't the only thing, but it's a lot. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                             Yep. - (mmoffitt)
         YAN pit-bull-Owner attack; a breed which, left unpolluted is docile and admirable - (Ashton) - (2)
             took our pit bull mix for a long walk today - (crazy) - (1)
                 Newt Gingrich on a leash/no muzzle: now That's scary.. -NT - (Ashton)

Somewhere out there, a Big Cheetah is still running WordStar and extremely anal benchmarks...
61 ms