IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Recommending a PBS 'Independent Lens' episode

Independent Lens [#1403]
Love Free Or Die

Faith, love, marriage, homosexuality and the Episcopal Church collide in the first openly gay Bishop Gene Robinson of New Hampshire. Robinson is a man whose two primary passions are in direct conflict: his love for God and for his partner Mark. Robinson is the first openly gay person to become a bishop in the historic traditions of Christendom. His consecration by the Episcopal Church in 2003, to which he wore a bullet-proof vest, caused an international stir. He becomes the focal point as American churches debate whether or not lesbian and gay people are equal to heterosexuals in the eyes of God, while the United States at large struggles with legal equality for gays and lesbians.

Two notable quotes IMO.. not-Bad considering the amount of fluff in most presentations du jour:
1) The opposite of Love is not Hate ... it's ƒeare.
2) Sexuality is not the issue ... Humanity is the issue.

It's about the reception of the Σ-Christians of this sect--to This Bishop, just Now. (And maybe ~ which contradictory 'verses' do you want to run-with?)
(But I think it's another orthogonal projection of a common language-murder obfuscation of ... Facing-things about humans?)
of the sort which prompts many to go all Euuuww ga-ga about.
I Mean: y'know, an 'intelligent designer' (scientist-God??) would have put the sex-organs in the hand--NOT locate the recreation park adjacent to the Waste-disposal plant.
(So this ain't about some new ontological-Proof-of-God and like that.)

Bon appetit.
New Probably wrong on the facts.
Robinson is the first openly gay person to become a bishop in the historic traditions of Christendom.
"...in Yankland."

Probably not the first in the world, would be my guess.
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
     Recommending a PBS 'Independent Lens' episode - (Ashton) - (1)
         Probably wrong on the facts. - (CRConrad)

Beer is better than pain.
56 ms