IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Think that piano's upper register needs a bit of work?
(On the Chopin) but he handled that (surprise?) with aplomb. Believe that his tempo changes in that neat little waltz were quite mature, 'right' thus musical.
Please pass on an attaboy!

Hope he persists; we lost Glenn Gould way-too-early at age 50: so there's 'room'. Eh?
New His comment: my left hand balance on the Chopin was off
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Unclear.. I was speaking of the instrument.
I thought the piano's sound was a mechanical problem, but maybe he means (?) he overdid the ƒƒ up there, and the sucker bottomed-out.
So, curious: did he think the high treble keys were wonky ... or he was? It sure sounded to my golden-ears like too-hard felts, or like that.

(I try to encourage young musicians, but eschew flattery--it's faux and not helpful.) Had I his talents on the cornet, at his age..
Well, I'd still pack it in, after a first hearing of Nakariakov :-(

Ed:PS
No word yet from JFK Center re the Error msg.; ya wanna sic 'em? ;^>
Expand Edited by Ashton June 9, 2014, 03:50:34 PM EDT
New He didn't think so.
He did point out that the video was taken on a phone.

With respect to flattery, I agree. He gets a balance, and he's confident enough in himself that he can take criticism. He also likes to go to competitions with the full knowledge that he's never going to win given that he only practices an hour a day. You have to have a tiger mom these days to place in piano competitions.
Regards,
-scott
New We're becoming ants
Hyper-specialization. There are so many of us that we can focus on smaller and smaller things, meaning if we want to be noticed we have to focus on smaller and smaller things.

My daughters play softball and volleyball. Various coaches want them to join travel teams that will have them practicing 4-6 days per week, plus 2-3 out-of-town games per week, all summer. And if they're not willing to commit to that then they'll be left behind next school year when their team-mates have been playing all summer.
--

Drew
New Tendon surgery is a teen thing now
Kid pitchers are playing on 4-5 baseball teams at a time now and requiring elbow surgery before they leave high school.
Regards,
-scott
New And so is diabetes ... who turned the bell curve upside-down?
--

Drew
New To much corn. And now "Pure Agave Nectar"... that is where Diabetes comes from.
*Everything in the US* has sugar or Corn Syrup or HFCS or Agave or [insert new fad high caloric content sweetener] mixed in for good measure.

Offset by good for you ingredients like: azodicarbonamide or brominated vegetable oil or fractionated/hydrogenated oils or benzoates

Ever see the oil become "margarine?" (I can't find the video I watched before...)

Or how about Skippy Peanut Butter: MMMM, Skippy Peanut Butter and benefits of Hydrogenation
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." --Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
New Good for him! (and you..)
Doubt I spent more time than that on actual practice either, except before some special event.
I've never understood how an Adult!-parent could allow/nay, encourage the #hrs/week immersions demanded--especially re sports
--but also in arts like music; prodigies excepted, of course: theirs is an almost inexorable path.
Just can't see how a kid can actually grok to comprehension, even the mass of standard H.S. courses, while sustaining these huge time-sinks.

(What I can't know is whether courses have been really dumbed-down, compared to my experience?--such that it's easy to budget the extra time?)
Scary that situation, if true, since the sheer amount of descriptive factoids has been growing exponentially since my entry.

Parents 2014; given the utter unpredictability of bizness, the zeitgeist, or even national cohesion: Y.P.B.
Fortunately you're smart enough to do the triage, even amidst the routine madness. (I coudn't.)
Luck!
New Thanks.
We'll need it. :-P
Regards,
-scott
     Piano and viola recitals - (malraux) - (12)
         Nice to see! - (folkert)
         Impressive! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Think that piano's upper register needs a bit of work? - (Ashton) - (9)
             His comment: my left hand balance on the Chopin was off -NT - (malraux) - (8)
                 Unclear.. I was speaking of the instrument. - (Ashton) - (7)
                     He didn't think so. - (malraux) - (6)
                         We're becoming ants - (drook) - (3)
                             Tendon surgery is a teen thing now - (malraux) - (2)
                                 And so is diabetes ... who turned the bell curve upside-down? -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                     To much corn. And now "Pure Agave Nectar"... that is where Diabetes comes from. - (folkert)
                         Good for him! (and you..) - (Ashton) - (1)
                             Thanks. - (malraux)

I do have to wonder why you would keep a live snake in your coat in Saskatoon in December.
174 ms