IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New It is Voice over IP
And Since you probably have a "uPNP" router that auto sends stuff to your VOIP phone... since one of my employees has one and can;t figure out to only allow connection from our VOIP provider and never direct connections...

It is tough.

Trust me, all it take is a person with a rouge Asterisk install and a couple of "land lines" or equivalent... and an internet connection... and voila they can do all kinds of social engineering.

No, you phone wasn't hijacked before you did you did your calling out.

Next time it happens, because it will. If you answer the phone and then hang up, you really didn't hang up, unplug power from the phone. Or use your cell phone to do the checking and or call the phone with your cell. If you establish another connection or break the existing connection... it resets.

They could have gotten you to local forward a very expensive call for you. This is one of those things were I hate these "phone services" provided by AT&T and Comcast and other non-phone carrier service phone services.

Needless to say, get a new phone from AT&T or have them update the firmware on the phone to restrict inbound direct calling. (More than likely they'll have to send you a new one... especially if you have one of notoriously really cheap phones they use.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." --Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
New separate issues, it turns out
I don't know how it happened that a call dialed to my home number rolled over to here, but apparently the "most expensive route" error message has been afflicting users all through this building today.

cordially,
New it may be
"most expensive route" error message is a borqued upstream router config
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 59 years. meep
     home phone hacked? - (rcareaga) - (3)
         It is Voice over IP - (folkert) - (2)
             separate issues, it turns out - (rcareaga) - (1)
                 it may be - (boxley)

With the mochas he was strong.
67 ms