IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New DNS cache is outside the browser.
http://www.ihash.eu/2013/08/how-to-clear-dns-cache-in-mac-osx/

:-)

There are various developer tools in Safari, but nothing obviously equivalent to "about:config". But that wouldn't help here. :-)

HTH a bit.

Cheers,
Scott.
(Who may be being too pedantic here. If so, sorry. :-)
New Not at all.. logic ain't pedantic; it's merely Accurate
thus True (depending on your Truthiness-Table, right?)
Thanks for tip; it's simple enough too (CL doesn't bother me ... until I have checked my syntax-thrice and then have to hit [Return])

(Love some of the comments in logs.. Goodnight Gracie ... Hate the ones that end--like the &^$*##% fscking

5/28/14 4:32:18 PM c-50-185-182-41 [0x0-0x2b02b0].com.apple.Safari[4031] [0x0-0x2b02b0].com.apple.Safari 2014-05-28 16:32:18.214 PluginProcess[6086:903] *** __NSAutoreleaseNoPool(): Object 0x300140 of class NSCFDictionary autoreleased with no pool in place - just leaking [!!]

--which I seem to be able to confound by, merely Using a certain 'Dictionary' ... to look-up-in-Dictionary the definition of [any word-thing] and keeping that Open.
(There may be neither rhyme nor Reason for that effect: but it Works. There may be n-'dictionaries' in there; it sure as hell ain't intuitively obvious)
But humans improvise and so do I. Beats becoming really-competent.. in a way. (Time, for a Big-thing)

We hangers-on at the periphery can absorb such stuff, until we're directed to something a lot like dirt snakes, say. :-0

(Haven't yet been Forced to do the Mavericks thing; real liff has interrupted that intent, so far.)
New Rule #1 of system log files
Don't look at them unless you're trying to solve a specific problem

Rule #2

Log lines almost always need to be taken in context

Rule #3

They can be wrong, misleading, inaccurate or irrelevant, or all of the above

Worked example:

The "Dictionary" in your log line above isn't the kind of dictionary in which you look up the meanings of words. Well, it could be, but I'll bet a pint that it isn't.

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/7156835/what-is-an-nscfdictionary
https://developer.apple.com/library/ios/documentation/Cocoa/Reference/Foundation/Classes/NSDictionary_Class/Reference/Reference.html

The general failure of the computing public to heed these rules is why those "remote support" phone scammers do so well. They get people to open the Event Viewer on Windows systems that are working perfectly satisfactorily, and of course it's full of things that are ERRORS and WARNINGS and OMGDEVILWORDS, so why yes I will give you my IP address and get you to log in remotely to "clean up" and bill me $200 for the privilege.

The Console in OS X is no different.

Expand Edited by pwhysall May 30, 2014, 04:10:12 AM EDT
New Thanks, Peter--illuminating.
Have scanned both and see they are worth perusing until some grokking gels. Yes, I see that my 'fix' as does seem ~often to STOP the leaking stenographic-pool(?!)
is not even a tame wild-goose chase.
See that NSDictionary is a cascading class of (apparently multiply-useable?) procedures by a plethora of possible clients, nor Could one 'sleuth' from
the stark form of any failure whose error-message involves 'leaking pools' (as can be only 'memory' disappearing--which Shouldn't be.)

(I have blind-hopes that something~like 'about:config' shall inhabit the new-New Mavericks/Safari gussying-up..)
Ex: When I command 'reopen last-session windows' I want it to load Only minimal stubs/or just links; NOT steal all that memory.
I'd also like granularity re that reload command: like several categories maybe by date or name. (Hah..)

I 'read' the log files periodically or natch, when there Is a glitch or seeming-one. I have taken your (and others') advice not-to imagine they are revealing [er, RAW] of much that a non-coder can use
(this century anyway.. there was a time.. assembler.. CDC-6600.)

As to letting ANYBODY (on a cold-call Fershure) into the Family Jewels, I judge that such folk must be those still stuck in, ..where's the 'any' key I'm supposed to strike?
ie Before I'd allow remotes of any ilk deliberate access, I'd have to Know Them, their daughters ages' and hobbies and arrest records.
If you're not paranoid, you'll be pwned in a trice, I comprehend.

At least, though--one Can deduce via real English a few things by comparing 'normal' messages with Weird new ones--at times; at the least: OS X fixing-self? or blaming Safari specifically.
This makes OS X a marvel of clarity compared with ..you know.
Thanks again for another useful clarification.
     Migration complete. - (malraux) - (40)
         Plus a checkin here too - (malraux) - (4)
             Whoop=tee-doo! - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                 You need to edit... - (folkert) - (2)
                     Thanks! - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                         Yep! -NT - (folkert)
         Neato. - (Another Scott) - (3)
             No images?!? - (malraux) - (2)
                 Zooks!! :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                 awwwww - (crazy)
         Whoa... - (folkert) - (2)
             We have a winnah! - (malraux) - (1)
                 You've been busy!! Thank you! -NT - (Another Scott)
         Checking in. - (Ashton) - (4)
             Re: Checking in. - (malraux) - (3)
                 Thanks malraux... - (folkert) - (2)
                     Re: Thanks malraux... - (malraux) - (1)
                         Much better!!! Thanks! - (folkert)
         Listing of post by users... - (folkert) - (4)
             You're always special. :-P - (static)
             Fixed. -NT - (malraux) - (2)
                 Did I every say this? - (folkert) - (1)
                     Were The Man anyone else than Who he be.. - (Ashton)
         Noticed missing feature/nice to have - (folkert) - (1)
             Thanks for the fixup! -NT - (folkert)
         Weird 504s at work. - (Another Scott) - (15)
             Flush your DNS - (malraux) - (14)
                 Done (several times) - (Another Scott)
                 I'm getting weird routing... via AS6453... - (folkert) - (7)
                     Don't think that's it. - (Another Scott) - (6)
                         Ok... - (folkert) - (5)
                             Spoke too soon. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                 Woot! I'm back. -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
                                     And the issue? -NT - (folkert) - (2)
                                         Dunno. Something upstream was blocking it. -NT - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                             Like I said... it looked like... - (folkert)
                 Ummm in OS X/Safari we don't gots the neat 'about:config' playground - (Ashton) - (4)
                     DNS cache is outside the browser. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                         Not at all.. logic ain't pedantic; it's merely Accurate - (Ashton) - (2)
                             Rule #1 of system log files - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                 Thanks, Peter--illuminating. - (Ashton)

Must be what keeps your hair up.
73 ms