IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Well, it's not too big, then.
I had an out-of-kilter pulley on my alternator - it was making the whole engine shake at idle, enough to break the exhaust after a few months. That meant I needed a trip to the exhaust place, and the mechanic and it would've needed a trip to the auto-electrician if the latter two didn't already send work to each other.

Wade.
New Zooks.
That's bad. I'm glad they figured it out. Was this with your Porsche? Maybe it's something about German cars. ;-)

Before I read about the alternator pulley on this thing, I was looking into power steering pumps and assorted other things and envisioning another $2k adventure at the dealer. With luck, this will take care of my issue.

With the car anyway. :-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New Well, I already knew the engine mounts had died.
Unfortunately, they are almost impossible to replace without disassembling the engine.

Yah, it was my Porsche. Don't know where the faulty pulley came from; it was not long after the alternator had been rebuilt so maybe the auto-electrician put a bung one on there! And getting the exhaust repaired wasn't all that expensive - it just broke a pipe.

More recently, it has undergone a head replacement. I'm picking it up in an hour. That was a very long piece of work. And expensive!

Wade.
     Some "fun" in my near future. - (Another Scott) - (9)
         Well, it's not too big, then. - (static) - (2)
             Zooks. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 Well, I already knew the engine mounts had died. - (static)
         You're lucky there's some lore.. - (Ashton) - (1)
             Ignition issues can be lots of fun. Glad it was simple! -NT - (Another Scott)
         Done. It was pretty easy. - (Another Scott) - (3)
             glad it worked out -NT - (boxley)
             Congrats. - (folkert)
             DIY is most satisfying when a few side-effects just disappear, - (Ashton)