IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Anyone still using Evolution for mail?
It's been getting worse and worse for me. It doesn't actually filter incoming mail until I click in and out of the inbox once or twice. I have to visit every inbox (one per account) and then let it churn to check for spam, then it still doesn't move messages to the Junk folder until I click in an out of *that* folder. Once I do, it finally starts downloading for offline use, and if I delete anything before it's done downloading it throws errors. And it hasn't highlighted (per rules) for a while now.

There are so many annoyances I think there's got to be something wrong with my installation, but I've deleted and reinstalled several times. I tried going to the latest dev branch, reverted to stable, etc. I'm running out of ideas.

I know there are other options, like Thunderbird, but I really like the Evolution UI ... when it's working.
--

Drew
New Use an older dbus?
See brebs' comment here - https://bbs.archlinu...pic.php?id=152148

(Just relaying what I found. Backup important stuff before changing anything, not responsible for fallen soufflés, heartbreak of psoriasis, etc.)

HTH. Good luck.

Cheers,
Scott.

New I could have written most of that
Just hard to believe this isn't solved better yet.
--

Drew
New Yup. It's a problem with free software. Unfortunately.
New Not for years, because it's ass.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New But it used to work
It feels like it's gone backwards. From the mailing lists, it looks like they've been removing code that handles functionality they think should be handled somewhere else.
--

Drew
New You are right.
Sane Defaults... users don't know what they want... we know it better. Still the same schtick oh these many years later.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." --Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
New Yep.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New I still use it.
Currently using 3.12.2

I can no longer use it remotely. Sure it starts and runs, but it fails on a DBUS error opening the freedesktop.org.secrets (or some such crap) and never prompts me for my keystore password for the evolution config for e-mail secrets/authentication etc... That pisses me off. Turns out DBUS Support for that function recently started using a new feature that isn't workable over an X forward connection. Meh. Progress.

Using it locally, it works fine... though I only have about 150,000 messages, I store everything on the servers. That way I never lose them unless I remove/delete them.

I moved *ALL* of my personal mail to Google Apps. $50/year/user is worth more than my futzing with everything anymore. I do it enough for work.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." --Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
     Anyone still using Evolution for mail? - (drook) - (8)
         Use an older dbus? - (Another Scott) - (2)
             I could have written most of that - (drook) - (1)
                 Yup. It's a problem with free software. Unfortunately. -NT - (Another Scott)
         Not for years, because it's ass. -NT - (malraux) - (3)
             But it used to work - (drook) - (2)
                 You are right. - (folkert)
                 Yep. -NT - (malraux)
         I still use it. - (folkert)