IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Bryan College takes a stand
In today's NYT:
Since its founding in 1930, Bryan College’s statement of belief, which professors have to sign as part of their employment contracts, included a 41-word section summing up the institution’s conservative views on creation and evolution, including the statement: “The origin of man was by fiat of God.” But in February, college officials decided that professors had to agree to an additional clarification declaring that Adam and Eve “are historical persons created by God in a special formative act, and not from previously existing life-forms.”
OK, nothing new here, except for the college president's remark, delivered from an impossibly distant cosmos in which neither Darwin nor irony ever existed:
“I don’t think you have to believe the Bryan way in order to be a strong evangelical,” he said. “But this is Bryan College, and this is something that’s important to us. It’s in our DNA. It’s who we are.”
Don't ever change, Bryan College. Stay just the way God created you.

devoutly,
New So much irony it's magnetic
--

Drew
New Alas, a monopole :-/
New If it wasn't real, it woud belong in Oh Pun!
Alex

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”

-- Isaac Asimov
     Bryan College takes a stand - (rcareaga) - (3)
         So much irony it's magnetic -NT - (drook) - (1)
             Alas, a monopole :-/ -NT - (Ashton)
         If it wasn't real, it woud belong in Oh Pun! -NT - (a6l6e6x)

On bassline: Martina Nav... Navri... gosh, I wish she'd get married.
84 ms