My honorary Jewish-mother Trude liked to commission an artist friend, to make for gifts, small ceramic (round) plaques, maybe 6"?
'Carpe Diem' was one--with suitable drawing.
The one I place, signifying where departed cats are being recycled (just as George has stated was his intent) is: Time Stays ... We Go

Had I to pick just 3? 4? of George's incomparable monologues, to send along with the colony heading for Malphasia 666-C
(on the Last space-ship evah, funded by a cartel of €-Trillionaires.. just. because. we Do That sort of thing..)
this one was on the list, already.

Well, George had already given-up completely, I must suppose.. via prescience (but attributing that--is itself an intellectual/emotional conceit too. No?)
Sweet Reason says, Can you? expect a species, demonstrably able/willing and Avid about terminally-fouling its Nest, to possess the faculties
(via its obviously defective-DNA) to take responsibility and act with all necessary speed: to attempt repairs?

After all, our blindest-spot is There for all to see and cringe: imagining that a 'physical' "clean-up" of the more egregious of our ecological stupidity.. could be enough?
This while all of our history advertises that our avge. level-of-consciousness: is stunted at the 2-yo infant level, My! Mine!
Clearly then, our very-DNA has proven insufficient to perform self-corrections within the (non-Material) realm of our limited-consciousness:
that clear necessity for ... any lengthy survival [Any-where.] Pity, that.

(And if the few-million next re-Blow It? Earth awaits the 3' tall felines with opposed thumbs and minds large enough to harmoniously coexist with all n-species extant.
But then, I'm not even an amateur-spawner of a survivable new species, given the raw materials currently extant. Not with My defective DNA!)