IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Ukraine steel and mine workers to the rescue?
http://www.nytimes.c...upol.html?hp&_r=0

MARIUPOL, Ukraine — In what could represent a decisive turning point in the Ukrainian conflict and a setback for Russia, thousands of steelworkers fanned out Thursday over the city of Mariupol, establishing control over the streets and routing the pro-Kremlin militants who seized control several weeks ago.

By late Thursday, miners and steelworkers had deployed in at least five cities, including the regional capital, Donetsk, though they had not yet become the dominant force there that they are in Mariupol, the region’s second largest city and the site just last week of bloody confrontations between Ukrainian troops and pro-Russian militants.

The workers are employees of Rinat Akhmetov, Ukraine’s richest man and a recent convert to the side of Ukrainian unity, who on Wednesday issued a statement rejecting the separatist cause of the self-styled Donetsk People’s Republic but endorsing greater local autonomy. His decision to throw his weight fully behind the interim government in Kiev could inflict a body blow to the separatists, already reeling from Russian President Vladimir V. Putin’s withdrawal of full-throated support last week.

[...]

Interesting. I hope it works.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Hmmm. Side thought.
Apparently, we no longer have the lock on corporations being more powerful than governments.
New A distinction w/o a difference.
Russia is a KGB Mafia controlled entity. It is a fine point that they are not legally incorporated. That Russia appears to be governed and that there are elections are a just sham.
Alex

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”

-- Isaac Asimov
New Which begs the question.
Were the Bolsheviks better for the common, non-Party, non-Mafiosa Russian?
New A recent Russian comment.
"Before, we had money and there was nothing to buy. Now there is everything to buy, and we have no money."
New May be the briefest accurate description yet !?
(But only on Murican flics/videos are such apparatchiks' fucked-psyches turned into heroes of some demented sort.)

So which is the Larger travesty: theirs or ours? I get so confused..
New I'm with you on the hope it works.
Alex

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”

-- Isaac Asimov
     Ukraine steel and mine workers to the rescue? - (Another Scott) - (6)
         Hmmm. Side thought. - (mmoffitt) - (4)
             A distinction w/o a difference. - (a6l6e6x) - (3)
                 Which begs the question. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                     A recent Russian comment. - (Andrew Grygus)
                 May be the briefest accurate description yet !? - (Ashton)
         I'm with you on the hope it works. -NT - (a6l6e6x)

1. I've heard it before; and
  2. I didn't care the first time.

40 ms