IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New One for Ashton: "I use WordStar"
http://www.bbc.com/n...chnology-27407502

He said: "I actually have two computers. I have the computer that I browse the internet with, that I get my email on and I do my taxes on. Then I have my writing computer, which is a DOS machine not connected to the internet. Remember DOS? I use WordStar 4.0 as my word-processing system."

Guess who?

:-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New Wow
Still remember the WS diamond on CPM
New GMTA!

He called it the "Duesenberg of word-processing software (very old, but unsurpassed)", referring to the long-since dead American car manufacturer.

[Ettore Bugatti is dead, too.]

Thanks. Nice.
Couldn't have said it better. {cackle.. cackle..}
Rodents.. have nothing useful to do, in stream-of-consciousness writing: where you want-not to screw things up by switching brain hemispheres-->into {Yawn} pedestrian mechanical deductions.

Guess I could send Print-ready text from Otrona via serial port.But then, real writers (not of Corp-grade boilerplate 'documents')
can do OK with mere TextEdit.. I'll let my L33t WS-codes just evanesce..
New I hate Microsoft Word (at least) as much as the next guy, but...
...but even I know that simply checking a box in the Tools / Options dialogue switches off the check-as-you-type behaviour. So if that was his only reason, he's misguided.
--
Christian R. Conrad
Same old username (as above), but now on iki.fi

(Yeah, yeah, it redirects to the same old GMail... But just in case I ever want to change.)
     One for Ashton: "I use WordStar" - (Another Scott) - (3)
         Wow - (crazy)
         GMTA! - (Ashton)
         I hate Microsoft Word (at least) as much as the next guy, but... - (CRConrad)

I tried it. Little sweet explosions with disgusting texture. It was awful.
67 ms