IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You could be right about his motives.
But if that is his motivation, it's a very risky one. It presumes (wrongly, I think) that all of Eastern Ukraine would willingly embrace the idea of becoming part of Russia. That could lead to a civil war. That could mean non-trivial disruptions to gas supply lines from Russia to Europe and that would be very costly to Russia.

Truth is the always the first casualty of war and I'm not claiming to "know" anything. But recent US history is replete with examples of terrible consequences for blindly picking a side quickly and overlooking that side's shortcomings. The current Mexican Stand Off is not a good thing for anyone, imo. Too many have died already. Both sides falling back and agreeing to sit down at a table and have talks seems to me to be a much better solution than escalating rhetoric, sanctions and armaments.
New It's not that complicated.
Putin is destableising Ukraine to at the very minimum to keep it weak and dependent. The Poles next door have 5 times the income. It's time for Ukrainians to quit being Russian serfs.

Ukraine would not be joining EU any time soon. And joining NATO? Forget about it.
Alex

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”

-- Isaac Asimov
     Stephen Cohen: "US is applauding war crimes." - (mmoffitt) - (9)
         You mean today's Neville Chamberlain? - (a6l6e6x) - (4)
             Maybe it's that my late dad and Cohen were friends. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                 Re:Really? - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                     You could be right about his motives. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                         It's not that complicated. - (a6l6e6x)
         Did you click 'more' on that 'Stefan Bach' reply? - (Ashton) - (3)
             I just did. Thanks. -NT - (mmoffitt)
             Holy crap ... actually makes a Tea Party rally look tame -NT - (drook) - (1)
                 yep, their loons are a lot more dangerous than yours right now - (jake123)

Sit down there, you. Your WoMS have no effect on me anymore.
135 ms