IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Spanish-American War glass slides
The portrait of George Dewey (top row, fourth from the left) was taken after the war. He is pictured wearing the rank insignia of Admiral of the Navy, which he wasn't granted until 1903, five years after the Spanish-American War. He is the only six-star admiral the US Navy has ever had, and—along with George Washington (posthumously) and John Pershing—one of only three six-star general officers our government has ever created.
New Re: Spanish-American War glass slides
My younger brother is a reference librarian. Doesn't know everything; can generally simulate knowing everything within about three minutes at need. I am flanked by two supremely astute male siblings, but having missed the actual IQ horsepower I have been blessed with such powers of verbal invention as have permitted me to retain the appearance of a place at the table. I'm duly grateful, and just between thee and me I was more fun at parties back in the day.

cordially,
New Simulate?
You're still more fun at parties. You are bookended by introverts. The older brother is deaf as a stump and I am becoming so.
New :-)
New {Envy}
As second-spawn (had a half-brother, years older and alas.. none-too cerebral) I was a War Orphan (no, not the Spanish/Cheney-grade Invasion.)
being raised by a (in retrospect: superlatively-ept) Mater + various academies.

Can see that I would have wasted-less time/energy in wheel-spinning, had I nearby some inquisitive, quarrelsome cohorts (with similarly developed senses of humour--a necessity, that.)
Was not bereft, of course; had the good fortune to encounter a family of Music-virtuosi, whose cram-course opened that universe (though not quite as far as say, Penderecki.)
I kept their mono-->stereos well-tempered like a klavier, for some recompense.

Carrion, Mr G. Counterpoint is All. Glad you're ~aboard this small oasis amidst that miasma of impertinent detritus, writ too-bloody-Large.
     Spanish-American War glass slides - (lincoln) - (6)
         Nice find - (rcareaga)
         Re: Spanish-American War glass slides - (gcareaga) - (4)
             Re: Spanish-American War glass slides - (rcareaga) - (2)
                 Simulate? - (gcareaga)
                 :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
             {Envy} - (Ashton)

I think that joke was old during the Spanish Inquisition.
53 ms