IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Business Insider: Big piece on Larry Page.
http://www.businessi...359807.1398991662

“No,” Page said emphatically. “We don’t do this.”

The room grew quiet.

“We build products that leverage technology to solve huge problems for hundreds of millions of people.”

He went on. “Look at Android. Look at Gmail. Look at Google Maps. Look at Google Search. That’s what we do. We build products you can’t live without.”

“This is not it.”

Page didn’t shout. He didn’t have to. The message was loud and clear.

A good read.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re: Business Insider: Big piece on Larry Page.
Let's never hear about Apple's hyperbole again:

“We build products that leverage technology to solve huge problems for hundreds of millions of people.”

Fair enough, I'll buy that for a dollar.

"We build products you can't live without"

ORLY? Pull the other one, it's got bells on.

It seems that the RDF is strong in Mountain View, as well as Cupertino.

Interesting article, though.

(Speaking of products "you can't live without" >roffle, chortle<, I'm thinking of winding down my G+ account.

Whilst it's good on a technical level for sharing photos because of the way the software handles images, versus's FB's "squash it until it's fucked" approach, there's just too little interaction. Even when I had a photo that got 91,000 views (https://plus.google....posts/WyYUS7wsELU) I only got 12 comments. It's ironic that the comment formatting system is so much better than FB's, yet gets so little use.

It's a shame, too; the interface is just a good kicking away from being really good (too much is hidden behind dropdowns and flyouts for me) and the page never fucks up, in stark contrast to FB which manages to shit itself - necessitating a page reload or tabclose - on a regular basis.

It's enough work as it is to publicise my stuff on FB, Twitter and Flickr (and mebbe 500px too, if I can justify the paid subscription to myself. Might switch allegiance from Flickr to 500px on that score) without tipping effort into another social network that doesn't seem to bring any benefits. My photos are the only real reason I use G+.)
Expand Edited by pwhysall May 6, 2014, 05:07:51 AM EDT
New I don't envy you folks.
Ones who are trying to build a business these days.

I look at G+ maybe 3 times a day, never on my phone. Almost never comment, rarely + things. I have too many addictions as it is - I don't need another one.

I'm already getting a little creeped-out by how quickly the ad targeting algorithms are working while they follow me around. It's probably going to be second-nature in less than 5 years, but I'm not being encouraged to share more of myself on these "social" things by it.

The people who have to be Twittering and FBing and Instagramming and Videoing all the time must slowly go insane (if they aren't already).

I hope you find a way to get the most out of those things with a reasonable time investment. Good luck.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Oops. I got the egg-chicken sequence wrong.
The people who have to be Twittering and FBing and Instagramming and Videoing all the time must slowly go insane (if they aren't already).

I thought having to be Twittering or FBing or Instagramming or Videoing all the time was diagnostic of insanity.
New That too. It's polymorphic.
New Heh, I don't do video.
Adding Vine and Vimeo and YouTube and etc etc etc to the list of things to have to do would certainly drive me round the bend.
New All Capitalists are egomaniacal.
     Business Insider: Big piece on Larry Page. - (Another Scott) - (6)
         Re: Business Insider: Big piece on Larry Page. - (pwhysall) - (5)
             I don't envy you folks. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                 Oops. I got the egg-chicken sequence wrong. - (mmoffitt) - (1)
                     That too. It's polymorphic. -NT - (Another Scott)
                 Heh, I don't do video. - (pwhysall)
             All Capitalists are egomaniacal. -NT - (mmoffitt)

Sweet baby Jesus on a skateboard, that's all that matters.
70 ms