IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Republicans bring "fiscal discipline" to Washington.
Yeah, right.

This Congressional Budget Office report brings up a few interesting [link|http://www.truthout.org/docs_01/01.24G.Spratt.CBO.htm|items]

Extract-
"A month ago, President Bush said that his Administration had "brought sorely needed fiscal discipline to Washington." Today, the Congressional Budget Office reports that $4 trillion of the ten-year surplus has vanished. Last January, CBO projected a surplus of $359 billion for Fiscal Year 2003. This January, CBO projects a $14 billion deficit-a reversal of almost $400 billion in one year, the greatest one-year reversal in our nation's history. If this is fiscal discipline, it has a strange bottom line.

K-mart. The company that beat Microsoft in customer satisfaction.
New dems dont spend like drunken sailors on shore leave?
TAM ARIS QUAM ARMIPOTENS
New "Biggest one year reversal in history"
Read the article bud. Try to come up with something better than "They do it too". Especially since that line doesn't stand up to the numbers.
New Im sorry I should have read the article
because it is such a load of shit. Mythical surpluses disappearing after mythical tax cuts and a paper economic gambling loss in the stock market plus very extremely real increases in spending for military and security needs. So your solution is????
I forgot the other demopubs dont have one, no suggestions so far except INCREASED spending from the Senate or they will block bills. But while we are at it lets blame Bush.
PHFAA, a crock of warm sputum virilent with TB over the article.
thanx, )
bill
TAM ARIS QUAM ARMIPOTENS
New Gee thanks Box...
...saved me typing.

And the sputum part...I'd have never been so eloquent;-)

You were born...and so you're free...so Happy Birthday! Laurie Anderson

[link|mailto:bepatient@aol.com|BePatient]
New your welcome :)
TAM ARIS QUAM ARMIPOTENS
New Oh c'mon
Tell us how you really feel.
New well it goes like this :)
I ask you at 10am "Mr Silverlock what is your projected surplus over the next 10 yrs?"
you reply " Well Bill, I believe I shall sock away 10k per year for 10 yrs for a total of 100k"
At 2pm I ask "Mr Silverlock what is your projected surplus over the next 10 yrs?"
you reply "Well Bill I lost my job at noon and my SO hit another car and didnt pay my insurance on time so I will lose my house with 50k equity"

I then go on the 6pm news and say" THAT SILLY SON OF A BITCH WASTED A 150 GRAND!! WHAT A FSKING IDIOT!!!"
thats what I really think. :)
thanx,
Bill
TAM ARIS QUAM ARMIPOTENS
New It's the economy, stupid
When the economy tanks, revenues (eg taxes) fall, and expenditures (eg welfare) rise, resulting in a bad fiscal outlook.

This is why I was pissed off that when the economy was good they were talking about giving people refunds on the "surplus". If they were fiscally responsible they wouldn't do that. They would rack up a surplus when times are good so that they can feel OK with a deficit when they need it.

Cheers,
Ben

PS Boxley is right that the magnitude of the shift isn't Bush's fault. It was truly out of his control. But neither side of the aisle actually is very fiscally responsible.
"... I couldn't see how anyone could be educated by this self-propagating system in which people pass exams, teach others to pass exams, but nobody knows anything."
--Richard Feynman
New Thanks fer the vote
If ever elected I will vigorously deride me having any influence whatsoever unless it means my re-election,
thanx,
bill
TAM ARIS QUAM ARMIPOTENS
New Hey, wanna be my veep?
I'm running in 2008 - having you as my veep would guarantee that you would have no real influence... :)
InThane - Now running Ashton rev 2.0
New naw, not a born in. Will take ambassador to cuba though:)
TAM ARIS QUAM ARMIPOTENS
     Republicans bring "fiscal discipline" to Washington. - (Silverlock) - (11)
         dems dont spend like drunken sailors on shore leave? -NT - (boxley) - (6)
             "Biggest one year reversal in history" - (Silverlock) - (5)
                 Im sorry I should have read the article - (boxley) - (4)
                     Gee thanks Box... - (bepatient) - (1)
                         your welcome :) -NT - (boxley)
                     Oh c'mon - (Silverlock) - (1)
                         well it goes like this :) - (boxley)
         It's the economy, stupid - (ben_tilly) - (3)
             Thanks fer the vote - (boxley) - (2)
                 Hey, wanna be my veep? - (inthane-chan) - (1)
                     naw, not a born in. Will take ambassador to cuba though:) -NT - (boxley)

I bet Socrates had a really nice lawn.
56 ms