IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Hmmm... Gotta do some reading. Thanks. :-)
New general rule of thumb
If you cannot show a support contract for active "call and we will fix the problem" support, one cannot use that product. Stupid I know
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New That rule doesn't apply everywhere.
http://iase.disa.mil...gs/faqs.html#STIG

STIG

Question:
What is a STIG?

Answer:
A Security Technical Implementation Guide is a DoD document created by DISA Field Security Operations for certain products and technologies. A STIG provides secure configuration guidance for a product to reduce the attack surface. STIGs do not exist for all products.

Question:
May I deploy a product if no STIG exists?

Answer:
Yes, based on mission need and with DAA approval.

Thanks for giving me cause to check into this stuff before I get too committed.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Re: That rule doesn't apply everywhere. until it does
If what you are working on is a linux derivative the general unix stigs are applicable. (I know that doesnt make any sense) it is what the auditors require. Check with a security admin at your workplace on that rule. Your shop may vary
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New Thanks.
     Fun with VPN on Linux Mint. - (Another Scott) - (9)
         Oh dear... - (scoenye) - (2)
             Thanks for the pointers. I'll go spelunking... -NT - (Another Scott)
             WaddayaKnow?!? We've got the Cisco VPN client for Linux. - (Another Scott)
         you shouldnt be using your cac card with that variant :-) - (boxley) - (5)
             Hmmm... Gotta do some reading. Thanks. :-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (4)
                 general rule of thumb - (boxley) - (3)
                     That rule doesn't apply everywhere. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                         Re: That rule doesn't apply everywhere. until it does - (boxley) - (1)
                             Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)

I just want to... sing!
80 ms