IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Oh dear...
This is a very large can of worms. Basically, from the manufacturer's standpoint, VPN appliances are Windows-only. One must consider oneself lucky if anything else can be made to work with them. Even OS X + VPNTracker is a royal pain to get going. And trying to get multiple vendors' clients to coexist on Windows has wrecked quite a few installs.

Usually, to make things convenient for Windows operators, the VPN appliance is biased towards using XAuth (i.e. the familiar name and password prompt.) The problem is that XAuth never became part of the IPSec standard because it could not be made secure. As a result, each mfg. implements XAuth "their way" to provide extras for their proprietary Windows clients.

I would start at Cisco. There should be something on their support site that will give hints as to the right incantations to invoke. Most likely, you'll need the device ID (can be anything, like it's serial numnber), and the shared group secret.
New Thanks for the pointers. I'll go spelunking...
New WaddayaKnow?!? We've got the Cisco VPN client for Linux.
It was just a matter of looking in the right place for it...

It works just fine on Mint. :-)

Thanks.

Cheers,
Scott.
     Fun with VPN on Linux Mint. - (Another Scott) - (9)
         Oh dear... - (scoenye) - (2)
             Thanks for the pointers. I'll go spelunking... -NT - (Another Scott)
             WaddayaKnow?!? We've got the Cisco VPN client for Linux. - (Another Scott)
         you shouldnt be using your cac card with that variant :-) - (boxley) - (5)
             Hmmm... Gotta do some reading. Thanks. :-) -NT - (Another Scott) - (4)
                 general rule of thumb - (boxley) - (3)
                     That rule doesn't apply everywhere. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                         Re: That rule doesn't apply everywhere. until it does - (boxley) - (1)
                             Thanks. -NT - (Another Scott)

Un, deux, trois, quatre.
40 ms