IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: The elder parent
In Dad's case, hospice would be an administrative distinction that would allow him to remain in his current situation rather than move into a skilled nursing facility. The current place is not licensed for -ostomies except under a hospice waiver.

At age 37, I was given the option of abdominal surgery (they'd have gutted me like a trout and removed all lymph nodes from pelvic floor to diaphragm) or five years of quarterly CAT scans. I opted for the latter with good outcome. I don't blame Dad at all for resisting the notion of another major surgery. I am hoping the docs can present him with less invasive options.

We'll grieve when it is time to grieve. Until then, why borrow trouble?
New been there, done that
Dad on hospice, that is.
Hospice nurses are very special people. And they have the BEST pain killers available (and guard them well when required).
Enjoy the time you have, make the best of it.
But the best gift you can give is giving him permission to go when you feel the time is right. Hanging on in agony for the kids is what parents do.
New Amen!
Alex

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”

-- Isaac Asimov
     The elder parent - (rcareaga) - (6)
         You have the right attitude, Rand. - (a6l6e6x)
         J's father was on a liquid diet for a while. - (Another Scott)
         Re: The elder parent - (gcareaga) - (2)
             been there, done that - (crazy) - (1)
                 Amen! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Re: The elder parent - (Ashton)

Enjoy your amazement.
56 ms