IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Hola Peter.. Query:
First: EMI hazards - no change, when there's any credible research that draws any significant conclusions regarding the risk of phones to health (and the experimental cohort is now literally billions of people for literally decades; if there were a signal in that noise, someone would have noticed by now - it's not as if they haven't been looking). Bloke with drum to beat and axe to grind writes book. Not a new story.

Anyhoo.

I don't think that the worldwide IT infrastructure is riddled with problems like Heartbleed, although I'd bet a pint that it's not the last dreadful bug of its kind, due to the lack of actual "engineering" that goes into most software "engineering" (seriously, writing this stuff in C is like a builder making your house out of bricks and girders he made himself in his back yard).

I think it's naïve to think that these bugs are unknown to the big intelligence agencies or the black hat community, despite the protestations of the former.

If I were a black hat and I had a sploit that could extract server private keys without leaving a trace, I'd be using it in a way that wouldn't attract attention (i.e. I wouldn't just hook up the biggerest and fasterest computer I had and all-but-DDOS the server, I'd make one 64KB request every other second or something, and let it run for a week, possibly coming from random IP addresses) like a BOSS.

I would then use the spoils of my efforts to extort moolah from the kinds of people who absolutely positively cannot afford any publicity (+ve or -ve) on the subject of security.

The spooks, of course, would use the spoils of their efforts to read ASCott's email, and lie about doing so.
New hehe.
New No they wouldn't ... they've got Policies
--

Drew
     Heartbleed and OpenSSL - (folkert) - (27)
         Re: Heartbleed and OpenSSL - (pwhysall) - (6)
             #1353 - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 :0) -NT - (mmoffitt)
             Well dammit -NT - (drook)
             It is even more fun than that - (scoenye) - (1)
                 Look for "pacemaker" as related to heartbleed... - (folkert)
             Amazing... - (folkert)
         It now has its own website.. - (Ashton) - (2)
             Most damning point IMO - (drook) - (1)
                 Yes... this. ^^^ -NT - (folkert)
         XKCD is cool today - (drook) - (1)
             wow - (crazy)
         SJMN: White House and NSA deny they knew about it. - (Another Scott) - (10)
             Re: SJMN: White House and NSA deny they knew about it. - (pwhysall) - (9)
                 I find this comment at Wonkette plausible. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                     Note the followup if you use Chrome. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                         So Google doesn't understand the implications of... - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
                             Deliberately turned off as of 2012 - (scoenye) - (1)
                                 I wonder if "Lifelock" is getting a spike in business... :-( -NT - (Another Scott)
                 Hola Peter.. Query: - (Ashton) - (3)
                     Re: Hola Peter.. Query: - (pwhysall) - (2)
                         hehe. -NT - (Another Scott)
                         No they wouldn't ... they've got Policies -NT - (drook)
         And it's exactly as bad as stated. - (pwhysall) - (2)
             Damn! - (a6l6e6x)
             Irony. - (static)
         Possible nasty side effect on Debian if OpenSWAN is used - (scoenye)

They both savoured the strange warm glow of being much more ignorant than ordinary people, who were only ignorant of ordinary things.
91 ms