IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Anyone dealt with...
a few firms that have contacted me... out of the blue in the past 4 days.

One is: Novetta Systems in Washington, D.C.
They supposedly have 7 (or more) unpublished positions open in:

Reston, VA
Fort Meade, MD
Washington, D.C. proper.

These are on stipulation they can re-activate my Secret Clearance and pass a Poly-Graph and/or improve my Secret to TS/SCI

Would it be worth it to investigate them and pursue them? Company seems pretty well sized. I have concerns about living on the East Coast and general viability of doing that. CoL seems to be considerably higher than I'd like... since I might just be unencumbered shortly... who knows.

Second Company is: Zeta Interactive in Denver.
They don't show any open positions in my areas of expertise, but assured me they have a couple that interest me.

I don't know exactly how big they are. I not have any real issues with Denver area.

Third company: GQR Global Market (apparently working for them and not a recruitment)

Specifically in Los Angeles. With Trips to Chicago in support of West Coast HFT systems.

Company seems very large, very diversified and many markets served.

I know about the West Coast CoL... it sucks just like the East Coast. Again, unencumbered soon.

My last question:

How and why do these come up at the same time? It isn't like I'm actively looking.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." --Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
New No experience with any of them.
There are lots of advantages of being in the DC area - strong economy, lots of amenities close by, reasonable climate much of the year. But you have to be careful about the commute. :-(

If you're thinking about government contracting, maybe check out Sotera. People who work there seem happy and the employment situation generally seems stable. I know some folks who worked for them for a decade or more at the same job. But one never knows when a contract will end, so there's always that risk.

http://www.soteradefense.com/

Good luck!

Cheers,
Scott.
New Thanks.
--
greg@gregfolkert.net
"No snowflake in an avalanche ever feels responsible." --Stanislaw Jerzy Lec
     Anyone dealt with... - (folkert) - (2)
         No experience with any of them. - (Another Scott) - (1)
             Thanks. -NT - (folkert)

My name's Friday. I carry a badge.
49 ms