the nodes of the singularity in order to change the world."
(Nope, not from the Generator: an apt quip from comments.) Reductio absurdum is itself a symptom/meta?-meme, now. IMO)

Here the question-begged is: what motivations lie behind one's next aim?
Hmmm.. had I to choose 'twixt this (and other) Silly-valley 'extrapolations', and: the best metaphysics lore of the past 2-3000 years?
I'd go with metaphysics/no contest.. It's more honest and, frequently illuminating, whereas the MBA-speak "about the futchah"?
1 mm below the surface, is: always crass, ego + greed-driven.

ie. To imagine that any techno-advance can compensate for dim-witted anti-consciousness 'states' in the humans themselves?? ... or another way:
argumentum ad ignorantium applied to the BS-generator-itself (and to any metaphysical ponderings never-examined)--and then to the motivations for new-technology
(based predominately upon the aims/personal greed of the developer) seems to me to be a neat 0/0 dead-heat. SIgnifying nothing.

Thus for me, there's More to this contrived, self-cancelling comparo--than meets the casual eye. Via a false-comparo (quite evidently from that ignorantium part?) comes
a false dichotomy which one is casually led-to.
Now That syllogism is indistinguishable from the rhetoric of any old Tea-partier wanting guvmint outta his Medicare.

But maybe that's just me.
(I discovered more Useful info about the bizarre wanderings of human jelloware via exposure to 'metaphysical ideas'
--all quite older than 'New Age' oft-wishful-sloppy-thinking, (like so much.. du jour)
--than from any 'Humanities' courses professing to limn 'scientific'- psychology, sociology or related.)
And anyone who can't tell the Difference? I guess deserves to embrace the smug condescension of the author.

Sorry.. its 'cuteness' pales via its presumption-from-ignorance.

Sic transit gloria Mundi--everything sounds truthier in Latin, no?