IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New People have different tastes, obviously.
I'm sure the nudity is part of the appeal. That's part of what gave "I, Claudius" its buzz, back in the day.

J is a big fan of "SVU" and various crime dramas like that - it's an escape for her. I've gotten sick of them because they're so formulaic and manipulative. I don't like gratuitous fictionalized violence. The creepy music, the blood, the simulated violence - I don't enjoy it at all. I don't need to see it on TV to know it exists, and I don't take a lesson from it. She finally gave up on "The Mentalist" because she couldn't take the stupidity any longer ("Why are they driving from Austin to Mexico all the time like it's just across town - the border is 4 hours away!!") ...

I don't much care for sports on TV either. I'll watch the Red Sox with J, but I don't get worked up about it. I'm getting good practice for my Curmudgeon merit badge. ;-)

Give me a comedy with a bit of intelligence and the unexpected behind the laughs and I'll be happy. That's my kind of escapism.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Then we both miss:
(In addition to Python--as goes-without-saying)
Laugh-In and Smothers Brothers (one of whom lives around here.)
Both quashed at their peak, by ... the usual meeja rationale, apparently unchanged much, in 2014.

(I have Tee Vee now only because: it's a part of the cheapest-bundle in which I can get Net-BW >3 M-BITS!/sec, in my bucolic locale.
This is spelled, of course, m o n o p o l y.

As a card-carrying owner of The Portable Curmudgeon I can attest that membership does tend to free one from any tendency/pressures to settle-for satisfiction
(however slickly packaged.)
As the two shrinks passed on the street--one opined, You're fine ... how am I?
Maybe this is just civilized--Stand Your Ground?!

;^>

Game of Thrones - (crazy) - (19)
         Er, yeah. - (static) - (1)
             when Stephen King crashed and burned - (crazy)
         GRRM needs an editor - (gcareaga) - (12)
             Resurrected? -NT - (crazy)
             You mean an editor he will listen to. -NT - (static)
             I think I'm going into-my-mind re. This-one (too.) - (Ashton) - (7)
                 I've never read him. (Haven't watched the show either.) -NT - (Another Scott) - (6)
                     Not sure what we are 'missing'--Salon's take: - (Ashton) - (5)
                         People have different tastes, obviously. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                             Then we both miss: - (Ashton)
                         Yes, uncomfortable parallels over there. But as for his thesis itself... - (CRConrad) - (2)
                             mediaeval? -NT - (mmoffitt)
                             Wha was that sound which the immortal-Opus used to limn, - (Ashton)
             He does, and so does S. M. Stirling - (malraux)
             feels like the result of an autocorrecting editor - (crazy)
         Kathleen Geier is a fan. - (Another Scott) - (3)
             Nicely put -NT - (crazy)
             Thanks.. an incisive overview of this phenom. - (Ashton) - (1)
                 Winter is coming -NT - (gcareaga)

Rain, rain, go away. I can't stand you for one more day.
85 ms