IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New <Sigh>
Either my Google-Fu is nearly broken (and it very well might be based on my recent Buffalo WiFi issues) and/or Apple's upgrade instructions are nearly worthless. Or both.

So I upgraded a 13" MBP from 10.6.8 (SL) to Lion today. Then I went looking for the Lion Server (server.app) so that I could install Lion on my Mac Mini running SLS. It's gone.

???

<Read various Apple docs about how to upgrade to Mavericks Server...>

None of which help.

Guess what? The instructions about being required to upgrade to Lion before you can upgrade to Mavericks are wrong. You can go directly from 10.6.8 to Mavericks (10.9) now. Once you have Mavericks, you can get the Server add-on for $20 from the App Store.

So now I'm downloading the 5+ GB Mavericks package...

At least nothing seems to have broken on the MBP upgrade...

So Ashton, you're smart in having someone do the upgrade for you, but it may be much easier than I first thought!

Cheers,
Scott.
(Who recognizes that he's still ahead of where he would be with Winders.)
New I've read 40% of Macs are now on Mavericks.
Free is a good thing! :)
Alex

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”

-- Isaac Asimov
New Indeed!
Steve must be spinning in his grave though. ;-) (My recollection is that when he came back to Apple, apparently one of his gripes was that OS upgrades were being given away and not being sold.)

Cheers,
Scott.
     'Noticeboard' on OS X - (Ashton) - (7)
         It's a conduit for messages from Steve Jobs - (scoenye) - (6)
             That makes it eerie, then.. - (Ashton) - (5)
                 I finally downloaded Lion last night. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                     I think I'll schlep my box to a local - (Ashton)
                     <Sigh> - (Another Scott) - (2)
                         I've read 40% of Macs are now on Mavericks. - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
                             Indeed! - (Another Scott)

void main(int argc, char **argv) { printf("Hello, LRPD.\n"); }

50 ms