IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 1 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New You may be on to something...
The cartoons that sometimes illustrate the various use scenarios don't show wireless connections at the secondary network. But surely the AP scenario is intended to work that way!?!

I'll see what happens when I get a chance to flash the new firmware on the Buffalo box, and with the new gizmos. Maybe it's all user error, but if so I'd like to see someone do it with the instructions and software I have. (Yesterday I even tried the "wizard" interface again - still no go.)

Thanks.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Set up guide
Not sure how far you went looking, but this is a step-by-step guide on how to set up that particular model in bridge mode.
http://2oahu.com/net...ng/dd-wrt-bridge/

One thing that stood out is that the wizard only applies if you use it as a router so in that respect, the "no go" is normal.

New Thanks!
I had done a little googling during my adventure, but hadn't found that. I figured it had to be possible to puzzle it out.

I note that those instructions talk about putting the bridge on the same WiFi channel as the original. No channel selection is available here... :-(

I'll fight with it more later, but may try the new boxes first.

Thanks again.

Cheers,
Scott.
New On the channel selector
http://www.dd-wrt.co...opic.php?p=536917

It appears that if you have set the SSID first, then DD-WRT will scan for the primary and match the channel automatically.
New Thanks.
Maybe it's supposed to work that way, but... At times I was getting "Unknown" for the channel number. It looks like, from the last screenshot I saved that it actually found Channel 11 at least once. Hmm...

But it's not a hold-up now. :-) See my next reply.

Thanks a bunch.

Cheers,
Scott.

I hate wireless networking changes. Help? - (Another Scott) - (15)
         It looks like "Client" mode is what I want. - (Another Scott)
         Ick... - (scoenye) - (7)
             Thanks. Options? - (Another Scott) - (6)
                 Re: Thanks. Options? - (scoenye) - (5)
                     You may be on to something... - (Another Scott) - (4)
                         Set up guide - (scoenye) - (3)
                             Thanks! - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                 On the channel selector - (scoenye) - (1)
                                     Thanks. - (Another Scott)
         why a bridge? - (boxley) - (5)
             If you have a single device on each WAP, that would work... - (Another Scott) - (4)
                 I have daisy chained 4 wireless receivers - (boxley) - (3)
                     Thanks. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                         1 new 3 < $5 at garage sales, all do 10mb -NT - (boxley)
                         The TRENDnet bridge works great. - (Another Scott)

CROP CIRCLES APPEAR ON HUMAN HEADS!
80 ms