IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: One non-minor quibble
This relates to my work laptop. I don't have W7 on anything at home.

1) I have Nvidia drivers, and my displays behave themselves. YMMV, it seems.
2) Yeah, this is probably fuckery.

One of my big problems with OSX for work-related stuff (when I tried it) is that for better or worse, a lot of people (my organisation, all its customers, all their customers, etc) use Outlook, and Outlook for OS X is arse.

There were weird incompatibilities between Excel for Mac and Excel for Windows, too, usually related to conditional and format-as-table formatting, both of which I use a lot. I don't remember the details but I'm sure that according to the documentation, some of that shit should have worked.

Also, we seem to be sprouting Visio documents all over the place. I hate Visio, and so does your Mac. Omnigraffle is OK for simple stuff (and it's certainly nicer to use than Visio), but anything with any complexity turns into a hot mess.
New Hates the Visio, my Precious
I was using nVidia as well, and it was still pretty much ass.

I've always used PowerPoint for system diagrams, which happily works fine on a Mac.

I haven't had any issues with Excel going back and forth, even with conditional formatting. But yes, stuff happens with compatibility, always.

That said, I just had a chance to use Pages from Mavericks last night, and wow so compatibility very impress. Track changes and everything.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New I hate PowerPoint more than I hate Visio
and that's going some.
New Same here.
After all these years, there are still Mac/Win PPT formatting issues (e.g. with fonts for symbols and the like). LibreOffice is very good these days, but it has the most trouble (for the things I do) in getting PowerPoint formatting exactly right.

I've been fortunate enough not to have to use Outlook or Visio, so 1 > 0. ;-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New The main saving grace: command-Z
I've had Visio refuse to undo itself after completely destroying a document with a single move of an object.

At least PowerPoint's undo actually works.
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
     64GB Microsoft Surface RT Tablet (Refurbished) - (Ashton) - (19)
         Can't give 'em away - (scoenye)
         What scoeyne said. - (static) - (17)
             So then, this FAIL shall forever be Ballmer's Legacy? (Good) - (Ashton) - (16)
                 Not really - (pwhysall) - (15)
                     Guess I'm not up to the cognitive dissonance - (Ashton) - (11)
                         No dissonance - (pwhysall) - (10)
                             re. 'Not really sure what you're driving at here.' Really? - (Ashton) - (9)
                                 2nd doze box in 3 years - (boxley)
                                 I don't spend any time "keeping it running". - (pwhysall) - (7)
                                     Thanks, I appreciate your informed (and er, granular!) POV - (Ashton)
                                     One non-minor quibble - (malraux) - (5)
                                         Re: One non-minor quibble - (pwhysall) - (4)
                                             Hates the Visio, my Precious - (malraux) - (3)
                                                 I hate PowerPoint more than I hate Visio - (pwhysall) - (2)
                                                     Same here. - (Another Scott)
                                                     The main saving grace: command-Z - (malraux)
                     Nah - (crazy) - (1)
                         This is why - (pwhysall)
                     The finance guys on Wall Street didn't much care for him... - (Another Scott)

Un, deux, trois, quatre.
96 ms