IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Just switched DNS on my site
http://cooklikeyourgrandmother.com is now on new hardware. (If you see it responding from 205.186.157.45 you're seeing the new one.)

If you're looking at it on a PC it's only had some light spring cleaning, but on mobile it now has a fully responsive design that looks good down the the smallest displays still in common use.

Coming soon will be a complete overhaul of the back end to improve ranking and appearance in Google.

If you see anything wonky, please let me know.
--

Drew
Expand Edited by drook Feb. 27, 2014, 07:45:24 PM EST
New add.com to your link
New Fixed ... wow I'm losing it
--

Drew
New can't lose what you never had
We love you anyway.
New very nice
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New Looking good!
Alex

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”

-- Isaac Asimov
New I'm finding so much that's broken ...
Not from the upgrade, just now that I'm looking for it. No wonder my search traffic has been dropping. Old, dead links all over the damn place.
--

Drew
New This might be useful for you:
http://penguinman-te...b-site-using.html
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Google Webmaster Tools has it
And their list is sorted by how many pages link to the missing page, so I've got a prioritized fix list.
--

Drew
New Can't speak to the ordinates & abscissae, but it Flies nice.
Loads like a shot; snappy response, perfectly cozy on my 6 yo iMac.
No cacophonies of various logos and similar distractions.
Illustrations could make foodies of us all and I Like your typeface selections
(especially for realizing that typography is about as complex/convoluted a decision as any a Publisher makes--after the word/content value.)
Specifically, the s p a c i n g of letters makes for fast grokking (unlike, say: the default spacing of THIS entry box--unless I expand it, then remember to collapse etc. +3

Pay no attention to Crazy--when you can produce this level, sans some corporate support-group?
You an't got to apologize for not handily Proving that [curl grad V = 0]
Crazy: go to your room.

;^>
New I'm trying to leave things to the right experts
If there's a well-supported plugin that does mostly what I want, my home-brew version goes in the shitter. I accept the typography choices of the theme I installed. I use a tool where I pick one color and it spits out a full color scheme.

I want to do the writing and photography and stop working so hard at the tech.
--

Drew
New Smart man.
Reminds me of a story on Morning Edition this morning. Connecticut is offering to sell their successful Obamacare Exchange website tech to other states - http://www.npr.org/b...e-to-other-states

Most of the time, reinventing the wheel isn't a good use of time.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Excellent.. some Gov's just may realize ... the cost of ego.
New Anyone seeing ads on the site?
There should be an ad at the top of the right column, a free course signup form below that, and skyskraper ads in each of the two columns under that.

They were loading slow, so I added the 'defer="defer"' parameter to the scripts, but now I'm not seeing anything. I suspect because I've been testing that their system recognized the frequent hits from my IP and stopped serving to me. (Because that's what click farming would look like.)
--

Drew
New No ads visible here with Chrome.
I made sure to turn off AdBlock Plus, but it didn't make any difference.

None with FF either.

None at the clyg.com/blog/ either.

I hope it's an easy fix!

HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Nada here.. but--
Unsure, but earlier I might have seen a sort of dotted? place-marker or two, off-to right as you say.
I think so because, had the thought that ... probably such would follow (?)
Again: unsure.

Just now, remembered in Prefs/Safari: I usually leave checked," [ ] Block pop-up Windows" (OS X, natch)
So unchecked same, verified AdBlock is 'Paused'. Closed your site. Reopened:
Alas, mousing/clicking about--no ads :-/

New Appears to be working now.
New I see them on the Blog, but not on the home page.
I was seeing "Waiting for cooklikeyourgrandmother.com..." for a long time after the home page content posted in Chrome, but never saw ads there. They show up fine on the Blog part of the site now.

The "Waiting..." isn't reproducible for me though (e.g. doesn't show up again after an F5 refresh). Gremlins...

(Latest Chrome on Win7.)

HTH.

Cheers,
Scott.
New Thanks, waiting to hear back from a support ticket
There are no ads on the home page, just on the blog.
--

Drew
New Saw 1 blog ad..
Safari:
Noticed tab's gear-wheel == on last of 36, 37? items. Not big deal--just checked and it had finished loading, so not infinite.
Ad for a Mini; clicked, all copacetic there.

This with the OS X 'block pop-ups' checked, ergo that is not effective on your ad method.
But on second try, kill site, go there--no ad (maybe via ISP info, it demurred?)

Maybe TMI, but fwiw:
Also updated FFox (27) -- no AdBlock yet installed there.
also "" NoScript--and set your site to 'allow pop-ups'
Works, scrolls smoothly != like my obsolete Safari.
But again, no ad in blog; today's or older pages: (unless just now there's only the MIni one? I'm same ISP, of course)

NoScript wants to block lots of (cookie-names I recognize, like 'exelater' etc.)
But I allowed temp. all-page.. still no ad seen.

Maybe means nada--unless you're seeing problems elsewhere.
I haven't gone through NoScript options lately, as I rarely use FFox ... so far.

(No reply needed, unless this might actually mean Something.)
New I'm not liking exelator
Lots of cookies, lots of redirects, lots of BIG JavaScript files.
--

Drew
     Just switched DNS on my site - (drook) - (20)
         add.com to your link -NT - (crazy) - (2)
             Fixed ... wow I'm losing it -NT - (drook) - (1)
                 can't lose what you never had - (crazy)
         very nice -NT - (boxley)
         Looking good! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         I'm finding so much that's broken ... - (drook) - (2)
             This might be useful for you: - (malraux) - (1)
                 Google Webmaster Tools has it - (drook)
         Can't speak to the ordinates & abscissae, but it Flies nice. - (Ashton) - (3)
             I'm trying to leave things to the right experts - (drook) - (2)
                 Smart man. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     Excellent.. some Gov's just may realize ... the cost of ego. -NT - (Ashton)
         Anyone seeing ads on the site? - (drook) - (7)
             No ads visible here with Chrome. - (Another Scott)
             Nada here.. but-- - (Ashton)
             Appears to be working now. -NT - (scoenye) - (4)
                 I see them on the Blog, but not on the home page. - (Another Scott) - (3)
                     Thanks, waiting to hear back from a support ticket - (drook) - (2)
                         Saw 1 blog ad.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                             I'm not liking exelator - (drook)

I am the Eggman.
90 ms