IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New He's got lots of real Bugattis - not a Veyron.
He seems to be more into old, interesting cars than in new ubercars.

http://www.jaylenosg...ies/bugatti/1517/ (scroll down). The Veyrons were just for the publicity (for him and VW).

I'll probably be stuck in a time-warp for the rest of my life. Whenever I hear the word "Bugatti", I think of the one at the Henry Ford Museum - http://www.conceptca...ype-41_photo.aspx

The hood ornament is an elephant standing up on it hind legs. ;-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New He was as fanatical re details as S. Jobs--only more
practical. I may still have, in garage somewhere, a hand-made screw for some place in a Bugatti engine of ~ that vintage.
Passed on by a friend who had worked on one or a few. 'Hand'-made yes, but Accurately.
(I never discovered why he needed that exact pitch/thread-depth etc. as was nonstandard for the times
--it may even have had to do with its material/tensile strength in some awkward location; Just a WAG.)

Same person had hand-scraped new babbitt, poured within the square holes in block, wherein the valve tappets resided:
E.B. had calculated that the usual/ez round config. made for wasted metal ergo rocking-mass ... thus larger holes for the 1-direction nature of the forces involved.
Clearly a trade off: reduced er, 'unsprung weight', more metal to make the block area stronger.. all useful plusses for the added labor, I think we can see.

We won't see that sort of work again; the absence of dedicated apprentices alone ... guarantees that.
But it was lovely to see/hold just one tiny example of a subtle physics-savvy genius of yore :-)

Concur about direction of Leno's tastes; he could scrape up the cash for either Veyron model, I wot.
(Not just because I share that direction too; his designation of the Shadow as the first Superbike, puts us on same wavelength.)
He understands about.. stable torque being über alles, whatever the 'BHP'.
Shadow: 'TFFO' for many, still.. I could manage it, whereas many models of New Stuff (cycles too) ARE T.F. [for. ANY] OWNER.
IMnsHO. :-0

Jay Leno + Veyron - (Ashton) - (8)
         Neat. Surprised he doesn't have a SS. -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
             See his new McClaren.. altogether a decent stand-in for - (Ashton) - (2)
                 George had a McLaren F1. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     The F1 made history. No denying it. - (static)
         I'm surprised he's got one tbh - (pwhysall) - (3)
             Interesting point about the depreciation. -NT - (static)
             He's got lots of real Bugattis - not a Veyron. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 He was as fanatical re details as S. Jobs--only more - (Ashton)

Does this snake smell funny to you?
67 ms