IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I'm surprised he's got one tbh
I mean, it's an really interesting car from a nerdy engineering point of view, but it's not a Bugatti at all. It's the apotheosis of VW engineering, in a borrowed Italian frock.

The super(hyper?)car owning world has cottoned on to this, which is why the Veyron depreciates, and other, more "authentic" cars (Ferrari Enzo, for example), don't.
New Interesting point about the depreciation.
Just Add Story http://justaddstory.wordpress.com/
New He's got lots of real Bugattis - not a Veyron.
He seems to be more into old, interesting cars than in new ubercars.

http://www.jaylenosg...ies/bugatti/1517/ (scroll down). The Veyrons were just for the publicity (for him and VW).

I'll probably be stuck in a time-warp for the rest of my life. Whenever I hear the word "Bugatti", I think of the one at the Henry Ford Museum - http://www.conceptca...ype-41_photo.aspx

The hood ornament is an elephant standing up on it hind legs. ;-)

Cheers,
Scott.
New He was as fanatical re details as S. Jobs--only more
practical. I may still have, in garage somewhere, a hand-made screw for some place in a Bugatti engine of ~ that vintage.
Passed on by a friend who had worked on one or a few. 'Hand'-made yes, but Accurately.
(I never discovered why he needed that exact pitch/thread-depth etc. as was nonstandard for the times
--it may even have had to do with its material/tensile strength in some awkward location; Just a WAG.)

Same person had hand-scraped new babbitt, poured within the square holes in block, wherein the valve tappets resided:
E.B. had calculated that the usual/ez round config. made for wasted metal ergo rocking-mass ... thus larger holes for the 1-direction nature of the forces involved.
Clearly a trade off: reduced er, 'unsprung weight', more metal to make the block area stronger.. all useful plusses for the added labor, I think we can see.

We won't see that sort of work again; the absence of dedicated apprentices alone ... guarantees that.
But it was lovely to see/hold just one tiny example of a subtle physics-savvy genius of yore :-)

Concur about direction of Leno's tastes; he could scrape up the cash for either Veyron model, I wot.
(Not just because I share that direction too; his designation of the Shadow as the first Superbike, puts us on same wavelength.)
He understands about.. stable torque being über alles, whatever the 'BHP'.
Shadow: 'TFFO' for many, still.. I could manage it, whereas many models of New Stuff (cycles too) ARE T.F. [for. ANY] OWNER.
IMnsHO. :-0

Jay Leno + Veyron - (Ashton) - (8)
         Neat. Surprised he doesn't have a SS. -NT - (Another Scott) - (3)
             See his new McClaren.. altogether a decent stand-in for - (Ashton) - (2)
                 George had a McLaren F1. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                     The F1 made history. No denying it. - (static)
         I'm surprised he's got one tbh - (pwhysall) - (3)
             Interesting point about the depreciation. -NT - (static)
             He's got lots of real Bugattis - not a Veyron. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                 He was as fanatical re details as S. Jobs--only more - (Ashton)

I've had worse!
76 ms