IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 1 active user | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Boehner cries uncle [on] debt ceiling [bill] again.
http://www.nytimes.c...-attachments.html

WASHINGTON — Facing a rebellion over his latest debt ceiling proposal, Speaker John A. Boehner has told House Republicans that he will bring legislation to a vote Wednesday that would raise the government’s borrowing authority with no strings attached.

“House Republican leaders told members this morning that it is clear the paid-for military COLA provision will not attract enough support, so we will be bringing up a ‘clean’ debt limit bill tomorrow,” a Republican aide said. “Boehner made clear the G.O.P. would provide the requisite number of Republican votes for the measure but that Democrats will be expected to carry the vote.”

On Monday night, Mr. Boehner laid out a plan to link the debt ceiling increase to legislation that would have reversed a cut to veteran retirement benefits. But conservative Republicans opposed the plan, and Republican leaders worried that Democrats would not go along, holding firm to President Obama's demand that no policy attachments come with a debt ceiling increase.

Cheers,
Scott.
Expand Edited by Another Scott Feb. 11, 2014, 11:44:10 AM EST
New And it's about fricken time!
Alex

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”

-- Isaac Asimov
New Boehner have an operation or something?
New Ok, make me fix it... Better? :-)
Expand Edited by Another Scott Feb. 11, 2014, 11:44:25 AM EST
New Perhaps a heart implant? :)
Or, more likely, a testicle implant so he could stand up to the anarchist Bozos!
Alex

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”

-- Isaac Asimov
     Boehner cries uncle [on] debt ceiling [bill] again. - (Another Scott) - (4)
         And it's about fricken time! -NT - (a6l6e6x)
         Boehner have an operation or something? -NT - (mmoffitt) - (2)
             Ok, make me fix it... Better? :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
             Perhaps a heart implant? :) - (a6l6e6x)

The state motto is "E pluribus pluribus" ...
235 ms