--some eloquent, some picking-'sides' ... won't run the gamut; that would take til March..
The conspiracy-theories depicting a cabal of Mia, daughter et al -vs- a preponderance of the evidence ...
seem typical of such matters, so disregard. Quantity of opinions !== Quality.

(This juxtaposed with Freedom Riders: American Experience currently On-Air--Real Murican History
--and a meme about HItler 'loving' his little dog, Blondi, for some perspective on Events of uncommon egregiousness.)
We're chock-full of these.
He grew up immersed in Murican hypocrisy--as an OK Way to 'succeed'--just don't get caught supersedes any actual ethics.

Occam's Razor says: LOTS of 'famous Muricans' (Chainsaw Al Dunlap and various other CIEIOs) ARE despicable persons;
Bizness ethics is manifestly an oxymoron, as is any supposition about Character re artists or bus-drivers, whether rich ones like Woody
--also bizness/profit/fame oriented--or just your local creep. So THIS creep ought to be, formally, toast, in any rational next.
But in this Age of (among other titles) Irrationality, wtf Knoze?

(Por moi, have seen 0 of his opera since the first/early classics; I share with many of the NYT respondents..
my early noticing of an über-perversity to his entire shtik,
a 'persona' unconvincing as it was indistinguishable from that of any old creep I might have encountered.)

The sucker has sufficient chutzpah to shrug-off this (merely latest) exposure; hard to imagine him fessing-up to anything. Guess we'll see..
Worst, for him? Perpetual, simple SHUN??