IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 4 active users | 3 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Re: Dishwasher drain hose help please
My inclination would be to replace the whole hose. Why introduce additional failure points along the way from the dishwasher drain to the sink drain?

To repair the existing hose, you can consider something like Rescue Tape, i.e. like this:

http://www.rescuetape.com/

But, I'm not sure it would work on accordion pipe.

I presume you've been able to take off the kick-plate level panel to get a good view under there. If you haven't, you may be surprised how easy the dishwasher can be pulled out. It all depends on the plumbing. Also, look for a possible small bracket or two just under the counter lip that keep the dishwasher in place.
Alex

“There is a cult of ignorance in the United States, and there has always been. The strain of anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that "my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.”

-- Isaac Asimov
New If it was installed right, yes it can be easy
--

Drew
New Unlikely
My brother-in-law (a lovely individual, really, love the guy, but he should not do construction) did it, and he's legendary for his half-assery. As compared to me, full-assery. So anyway, not taking a chance if I don't have to.

Pep Boys around the corner.

6 inches of heater core hose. The according hoise fits in. A squeeze of water pump gasket silicon around before I put it in. 2 hose clamps.

Need 24 hours to test. 1 side seemed "iffy", not going in nicely, but the other side was perfect. So I'll test tomorrow. If the iffy side leaks, I'll do it again with fresh hose (1/2 left). If still fail, then I'll deal with the washer movement.
     Dishwasher drain hose help please - (crazy) - (4)
         Re: Dishwasher drain hose help please - (a6l6e6x) - (2)
             If it was installed right, yes it can be easy -NT - (drook) - (1)
                 Unlikely - (crazy)
         Like this? - (Another Scott)

We do, after all, survive every moment... except the last.
65 ms