Not to mention those evil, evil cats again. In New Zealand and Australia, the cats gobble up rare birds and mammals. Such as the poor, innocent kiwi bird. For crying out loud, the poor thing doesn’t even has wings! Evolution thought that without cats, there was no need for wings. But evolution got it wrong.

It isn’t a nice thing to say, but the real problem is mankind. Humans are in the habit of messing up everything they do everywhere they go all of the time.

They are a harmful species, these humans -- almost as harmful as cats.

All true. Not just truthiness.
Will poison a bedraggled, starving cat on last legs--for every !0 Repos (of the Hate-variety.)
(Who/also What Species? shall referee/triage on the Count. btw..)

Way it looks to me: the Advertainment Moguls have cast-the-'die' (both or more definitions) == proxies for its client-masses.
Humans will go sweating and waterlogged (on the coasts..) still seeking More-->MORE Stuff; >NOW< next-day air.
All this lemming-march in lieu of facing the roles they might have played in--opting for Survival and not just their Me-Me-Me species,
but ~All the (mammals at least + unknowable dominoes-falling.. falling.. ... fallen.)
We are incorrigible and WILL take-every-one/thing still-alive With Us, particularly 'U.S.'--and now the copy-cat-Chinese billion+.

Sure, too; we just might.. Wake-Up and smell the incipient decomposing bodies.
And a Christain Ayatollah (whichever of the thousand-flavors) might.. throw down his phosphorous grenade and embrace a Muslim counterpart,
unzipping his shaped-charge embroidered vest--as they shake hands atop a pile of recent corpses, sent to their various Destinations with/without virgins.

Odds on This crap-shoot?
Is it time yet for some Wodka in the morning's fresh-squoze OJ? Maybe after that Election thing, then..?

No Fair! Selling-Short: that's just more vulture-capitalism of corporate anti-Life scale.