IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Translated
Those chemicals are not hazardous. At least, that is what the absence of data means to the WV Dept of Enviro Protection.

There was a brief secondary video where an official spouted exactly that when the tap water was declared safe even though the chemical smell was still present, but I can't find the clip anywhere now.

The closest I could find is in here:
http://www.cnn.com/2...al-contamination/
"Basically they had to monitor the runoff from the rain and send us the results every quarter. Those were the only regulatory requirements," Huffman said. "The materials they were storing there is not a hazardous material."

New Almost as intuitive a judgment as,
'The difference between HCN and HCl (L) ... is only two letters' ... close enough..

{{dark--swirly--mist}} back in chem class/experiment day: [all true]

Looking at usual oxygen generator, KClO3 + catalyst.. (Potassium Chlorate)
Guy has it in an ignition tube (heavy-test-tube); I see little white POP!!s on surface, as he heats.

I say, semi-jocularly--only "semi-"--"Better watch it; that looks ready to expl______"
**BOOM**
Blood, from mouth; guy freaking out.. lead him to infirmary--some glass cut a gum! Not gonna Die.
NO safety goggles (either of us) ...
Glass all over; I got not a scratch.

Turns out that the stockroom guy had given him KClO4 (Potassium Perchlorate!)
--which isn't a great Oxygen generator; it generates it, of course but ... All-At-Once.

Lucky, Lucky -- just like those folks drinking this Unknown-crap still strong enough to smell..
Unless it should turn out that ... they are Unlucky?
THIS.. in 2014, What we are getting is: !=smarter. And it shows every day.
New Used to have a chem teacher like that
6' something, bald as an eagle, with small round-rimmed glasses.

One day during recess, something went BOOM. Next thing, the window to the chem classroom opens, smoke billowing out. Slowly, that bald head came out, going Heh-Heh-Heh, then just as slowly back inside and he closed the window.

On another occasion, during a test, he put a scale of ether on one side of his bench and lit a burner on the other side. About 10 minutes later, *WHOOSH*. "Alright, time to hand in the papers"...

Probably would get hisself arrested in 10 seconds flat these days :-/
New N/A in this case..
Just.. back-in-days of stone knives/bearskins, well before nice cheap polycarbonate goggles and face-shields,
quantity-orders of safety-equip never got past bean-counters.

The KClO3 was a known no-brainer re any surprises.
Am biased re 'Muy' natch; a seminal influence and also a friend til his demise a few years ago.
My (sometimes 'our') dicier investigations were done in one of two hoods with unknown-plastic doors.

('Course too.. if anything ever did go-wrong go-wrong, doubtless the underfunded Teacher would get the dead chicken hanging from door knob. As now.)

'Twas human/well.. 'student' error (same thing that got most of us 'here'?) reading the bloody-Label.
     MCHM: a reminder why nobody knows Anything on n+1 chemicals - (Ashton) - (4)
         Translated - (scoenye) - (3)
             Almost as intuitive a judgment as, - (Ashton) - (2)
                 Used to have a chem teacher like that - (scoenye) - (1)
                     N/A in this case.. - (Ashton)

But don't get all fretty-pants on us.
39 ms