IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Don't buy Kellogg's stuff.
http://labornotes.or...memphis-slap-face

But this February Jackson and his co-workers at the Memphis Kellogg cereal plant face the prospect of spending Black History Month on the picket line. Three months into a lockout, the company has yet to return to the bargaining table.

During local contract negotiations in October 2013, Kellogg demanded the right to hire more part-time and casual employees, at lower pay rates. When workers voted the proposal down, Kellogg locked them out.

Scabs hired through an Ohio union-busting firm now produce Frosted Flakes and Fruit Loops.

They have lots of brands not under their name, too, of course - http://en.wikipedia...._Company#Products

I won't be buying "Bear Naked" any more...

(via Charlie Pierce at Esquire)

Cheers,
Scott.
New And maybe ponder whether to add Whole Foods to list

Subject: Whole Foods CEO: Stop Spreading Lies about Obamacare

Hi,

Whole Foods' CEO, John Mackey, has been using his position as head of one of the most respected companies in America to promote anti-Obamacare lies and deter people from signing up for life-saving health insurance under the Affordable Care Act.

Fight back against this kind of confusing misinformation and tell John Mackey stop misleading Americans. Statements like these confuse people about the law and scare them away from signing up for the coverage they desperately need.

That's why I signed a petition to John Mackey, CEO.

Will you sign this petition? Click here:

http://petitions.mov...m.cp&r_by=4872301

Thanks!

Haven't investigated what ties Mackey may have to certifiable nutters.. enough.
Still, it's a safe presumption that his disconnect would match most of those whose 'income' (never mind accumulated spoils) is 10,000 X an average stipend.

(Am surprised to report some successes re a number of petitions (mainly wildlife related) and relating to the current Repo War on (quite more than just making wolves extinct)
--on the Endangered Species Act itself. But it's just a start, given the contrary-funding by reprobates.

The sheer number of malevolent forces, aimed at so many Targets now ... supports the thesis that Madness has permeated quite beyond the disturbing levels
seen at the start of the Shogunate.
Unclear on which side can be seen a momentum-shift; the data is so tainted by either ineptness, fundlessness or pre-paid spin.

Comfort the afflicted; afflict the comfortable
..and sleep better.
New Can't do that . . .
. . I don't shop there, so there's no way I can cut them off.

Well, actually, I did buy two small packages of rice from them a few weeks ago - they were the only place I could quickly get a couple of yuppie rices I needed for my Rice page. 2014 US $7 was probably their smallest invoice of the day.
New ~1 demerit; go ... and simmer no more.
New why buy food a 10x the price in the first place?
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
     Don't buy Kellogg's stuff. - (Another Scott) - (4)
         And maybe ponder whether to add Whole Foods to list - (Ashton) - (3)
             Can't do that . . . - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 ~1 demerit; go ... and simmer no more. -NT - (Ashton)
             why buy food a 10x the price in the first place? -NT - (boxley)

The annual lizardfall in the Monterey preserve of California approaches 4,800 lizards per acre per year.
46 ms