IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Actually, the US has two size sticks.
Eastern and Western with the divide at the Mississippi - but on both sides a stick is a quarter pound - just the dimensions are different.

Butter dishes are usually sized for Eastern sticks and too long for Western sticks.

But wait a minute - 3 (count them, 3) years ago google couldn't answer? I'm having a hard time accepting that.

New When to DrewK put out his first recipes book?
A relative tried to do one of the recipes and foundered on "one stick of butter". Maybe I never struck the right phrase to Google, but I never found an answer.

Wade.
Just Add Story http://justaddstory.wordpress.com/
New Early 2008
--

Drew
New Thanks. 5 or 6 years ago, then.
Just Add Story http://justaddstory.wordpress.com/
     Sci Fri: fermentation/kimchee bio-boffin On-tap NOW -NT - (Ashton) - (21)
         Kimchee - (Andrew Grygus) - (20)
             Says: early 'food-namers' were lousy botanists (for one.) -NT - (Ashton)
             you dont make your own? - (boxley) - (1)
                 It's on the "to do" list, but . . . - (Andrew Grygus)
             There are specified greens? - (hnick) - (16)
                 Yes, and different mixes have different names. - (Andrew Grygus) - (15)
                     Cool, thanks for the info - (hnick) - (13)
                         Not seasonal - at least not around here. - (Andrew Grygus) - (12)
                             Not exclusively a British problem. - (static) - (7)
                                 not difficult. - (crazy) - (1)
                                     Misses my point. :-) - (static)
                                 4 sticks to a pound 8 tblespoons to the stick - (boxley)
                                 Actually, the US has two size sticks. - (Andrew Grygus) - (3)
                                     When to DrewK put out his first recipes book? - (static) - (2)
                                         Early 2008 -NT - (drook) - (1)
                                             Thanks. 5 or 6 years ago, then. -NT - (static)
                             Precision is for baking - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                 Sorry, but I like repeatability. - (Andrew Grygus) - (2)
                                     That's the thing with you Americans - (drook) - (1)
                                         ;^> -NT - (Ashton)
                     Had some made with cucumber recently - (Silverlock)

Certainly, as long as they don't require any treatment.
43 ms