IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Ah I C: takes lots fewer words when you already know several
of the back-stories and: that those converge, on pure-pithiness like
Google's culture doesn't understand why you'd want to do that. MS's culture understands, but doesn't care.

Shall try to stifle future naive efforts to comprehend more than a touch of this involuted/convoluted industry;
I Mean: an 'industry' founded upon clear/workable ... massive! results: from Boolean Logic/applied.

And yet.. an even enhanced-version of normal biz dissembling, anti-factual koans and just pure fabrications! ... Rulez.
And Not merely the internal zeitgeist, but apparently: there's almost an algorithm for mis-information-Development (?)

It is Indeed--much worse than my simple mind could guesstimate. Dunno HOW youse guys daily interface
among the know-little-Suits, the know-more $-motivated S/W purveyors, the bald-faced obtuse
and: somehow manage to keep a present System functioning ... in whatever time you have Left? for that.

(Anyway, thanks for clearing-up the funny-but-devastatingly Cynical er, Real Mission (non-)Statements
of merely TWO of these Too-big Not-to Lie mega-Corps.)
It's no wonder that mere 'government' could not possibly peel away the onion-layers far enough
to 'Regulate' any aspect of this jello-nailed-to-a-Wall of premeditated obfuscation.

Hey!! Save Grey Cells! (they're all that's really-You)
Get. Out.

(I'll stick more to quantum electrodynamics.. it's simpler, amidst the first ten unfathomable topics.)

New No special insight here
Just treat a company as a person and listen to what they say. What's the most-likely explanation? What story would they be telling themselves that would make them say what they're saying?
--

Drew
New That's a useful start, but..
aren't these Mission-things always a committee+boilerplate contrived Statement?

(I Mean: look at the bible--those various 'corrections' across the centuries: committees all!)
And rarely it seems, is there actually a bug er fly-on-wall whereby you can give credence to a summary via hearing how they talk to each other.
(Sometimes we get lucky, of course; someone jabbers under the influence of Affluenza and: we get an uncensored hint.)

{sigh} In an 'information-based' New-world ... we're starving.
New Oh, I don't *believe* what they say
It's a combination of taking user requirements and reading code.

* Users rarely know what they need, and when they do they're likely to tell you something that they think will get them what they think they want.

* When reading stupid code, I try to figure out, "What non-stupid reason would lead someone to do this?"

Everyone has reasons for what they do, reasons that make sense to them.
--

Drew
New Great description of what I (try to) do
http://www.ribbonfar...dan-kartik-keith/
The act of refactoring is a revisiting, an attempt at understanding the pathways of thought that led to a particular result, and experiments in improving upon it. This is a sort of temporally-displaced empathy, putting yourself in past-you’s shoes, or in the shoes of prior wayfarers. Choices that may appear perverse or horrifying from the outside may be found, on reflection, to be less unreasonable than first thought, as the technical limitations, skill limitations, or political constraints upon the original solution come to light. (The reverse may instead be true; choices you thought noble may turn out to have been thoroughly venal).

--

Drew
     Google -vs- Beast ... exchanging Exchange expeditiously - (Ashton) - (31)
         Good luck to them - (scoenye) - (30)
             Zooks! :-( -NT - (Another Scott)
             That tells me that Group security was patched-on. - (static) - (28)
                 There never was a plan, but they're not the only ones... - (scoenye) - (27)
                     Horrorshow. :-( Thanks for that last sentence! :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                     I think Google has a love-hate relationship with corporates. - (static) - (2)
                         I have 8 personal GMails and 1 work - (malraux)
                         Yep - (pwhysall)
                     Fascinating + Confusing.. that's fun--but only at parties. - (Ashton) - (22)
                         Close - (drook) - (18)
                             Shorter is better :-) -NT - (boxley)
                             Not just MS. - (Another Scott) - (11)
                                 ARM the CPU architecture? - (drook) - (4)
                                     It's where all the growth is, and no MS tax. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                         Neat, hadn't heard about that - (drook)
                                     Re: ARM the CPU architecture? - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                         Seems like MS doesn't care even if you do. - (crazy)
                                 I think your argument is from ten years ago. - (pwhysall) - (5)
                                     ..__--oo000oo--__.. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                         MS really, really don't care about Linux on PCs - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                             Linus probably doesn't care much about Linux on PCs either. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                 Re: Linus probably doesn't care much about Linux on PCs eith - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                     Re: Linus probably doesn't care much about Linux on PCs eith - (Another Scott)
                             Ah I C: takes lots fewer words when you already know several - (Ashton) - (4)
                                 No special insight here - (drook) - (3)
                                     That's a useful start, but.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                         Oh, I don't *believe* what they say - (drook)
                                     Great description of what I (try to) do - (drook)
                         Re: Fascinating + Confusing.. that's fun--but only at partie - (scoenye) - (2)
                             Rofl. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                             Hey! that's a Good error message.. - (Ashton)

Smoke the pipe, and there will be no lies between us.
107 ms