IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New How many times can this be repeated?
With so many examples, why do otherwise seemingly intelligent people commit this form of business suicide?
New Not only that, but they were paying MS for the privilige!
See [link|http://www.teare.com/default.htm|Teare's web page]:

During the past 2 years Microsoft was GIVEN 20% of RealNames stock and $15m in cash guarantees during 2000-2001 (more than 100% of our revenue that year). We were due to pay another $25m in guarantees during 2001-2002 (more than 200% of our revenue that year) but with the bursting of the bubble (and thus no IPO) the second years payment was converted to a note. The note came due on May 2nd 2002.

RealNames proposed continuing the relationship and offered Microsoft the following:

1. $5m now as payment against the note.

2. $5m between July 1 2002 and June 30 2003 or 15% of revenues - the greater of.

3. Microsoft's rev share to be able to reach 40% in steps if our revenues grew sufficiently. The guarantees for the first 5 years of a new deal were $5m, $6m, $7m, $8m and $9m.

We valued a 5 year deal - if Microsoft would execute on all of the opportunities - at $200m to Microsoft. Far more than the guarantees. At their current PE of 40 that is worth about $2.4 billion post tax in a $100m year 5.

<Boggle>

Is there anything clearer that illustrates MS's monopoly power?

Cheers,
Scott.
New I wonder what would happen.
My oldest daughter is in her last 3 weeks of elementary school. Next year, she'll be going to a middle school. I've been thinking that I'd write a letter to the principal of the school and the superintendent saying something like the following:

"Insomuch as Microsoft has been found guilty of illegal practices, and insofar as I do not wish to contribute, nor do I wish my children to contribute to the furtherence of a criminal empire, I respectfully request that my child not be subjected to the indoctrination of dependency upon Microsoft products while attending your institution...." Okay, its only a sketch, but I think you get the idea: State my opposition to my child learning to be dependent upon a product from a criminal (yeah, yeah, I know, big difference between civil and criminal law, so what?) enterprise and that I don't want her to ever use an MS product at school. I wonder how the school would handle that? Would they exempt her from assignments using M$ software? I dunno. Might be worth a try ;-)
New HOT Diggity...
I like your thinking.... gonna try it.

greg, curley95@attbi.com -- REMEMBER ED CURRY!!!
New Let us know how it goes.
I'm sure there are lots of web sites that would be interested in what happens.

Wade.

"All around me are nothing but fakes
Come with me on the biggest fake of all!"

New Will do.
New Greed blinds.
Absolute greed blinds absolutely.

If you have any lingering doubts, may I refer you to the pernnially successful Nigerian letter scam.

The parade of suckers has barely begun.
[link|http://www.aaxnet.com|AAx]
New Also known as the 'Grbac Effect'.
Wherein (QB) Elvis Grbac has the uncanny ability to convince otherwise sane coaches that they should take out Super Bowl-winning quarterbacks and put him in instead, all the while maintaining a reputation for throwing numerous interceptions and losing games.

Must be some kind of blinding aura.
     RealNames shitcanned by MSFT - (jake123) - (14)
         How many times can this be repeated? - (mmoffitt) - (7)
             Not only that, but they were paying MS for the privilige! - (Another Scott) - (4)
                 I wonder what would happen. - (mmoffitt) - (3)
                     HOT Diggity... - (folkert)
                     Let us know how it goes. - (static) - (1)
                         Will do. -NT - (mmoffitt)
             Greed blinds. - (Andrew Grygus) - (1)
                 Also known as the 'Grbac Effect'. - (acagle)
         what interested me - (tjsinclair)
         Asia is unhappy about this - (ben_tilly) - (3)
             Re: Asia is unhappy about this - (Steven A S) - (1)
                 Agreement about goal. - (static)
             wonder if they could hook to an open src browser - (boxley)
         The key to this is... - (jb4)

Duuuude...?
53 ms