IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New I think Google has a love-hate relationship with corporates.
Where I work, we've moved all our email and a lot of our shared documents onto Google. We are a large company, so Google is undoubtedly making a small mint off us.

Now, I am just an end-user, with only as much management access as any individual account can ever has. We still have weird problems with who can see and/or modify documents. It simply seems tuned for owners of documents to delegate access, which would make sense given Google Drive wasn't originally created to be a corporate product. The more individual-centric access happens to match our culture, but it would be a problem if it didn't.

I now have four Google accounts: my work one, my one gmail one, one I made for G+ and my Youtube one. I know Youtube users kicked up a long and loud stink about merging their YT accounts into Google (I put off converting mine as long as I could) and Google eventually responded by adding multiple account support in YT. Interestingly, Gmail support for multiple accounts took longer to be polished. Multiple accounts for the predecessor to Google Drive was even later.

I know people who don't understand why anyone would want multiple Google Accounts. I'm convinced even most of Google doesn't understand this and probably would prefer everyone has just one and only one. But I'm betting corporate accounts will not stop insisting on multiple account support. And because they get paid for those, they have to keep the feature.

Wade.
Just Add Story http://justaddstory.wordpress.com/
New I have 8 personal GMails and 1 work
Since most of these are mail drops (IWETHEY admin, various Apple dev accounts, and so on) it's not difficult for me to manage, but I agree that Google really doesn't understand corporate. Of course, they don't really seem to understand retail either, but that's a different problem. :-)
Regards,
-scott
Welcome to Rivendell, Mr. Anderson.
New Yep
They love the corporate money.

They hate doing the dreary work required to make GApps suitable for the enterprise.
     Google -vs- Beast ... exchanging Exchange expeditiously - (Ashton) - (31)
         Good luck to them - (scoenye) - (30)
             Zooks! :-( -NT - (Another Scott)
             That tells me that Group security was patched-on. - (static) - (28)
                 There never was a plan, but they're not the only ones... - (scoenye) - (27)
                     Horrorshow. :-( Thanks for that last sentence! :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                     I think Google has a love-hate relationship with corporates. - (static) - (2)
                         I have 8 personal GMails and 1 work - (malraux)
                         Yep - (pwhysall)
                     Fascinating + Confusing.. that's fun--but only at parties. - (Ashton) - (22)
                         Close - (drook) - (18)
                             Shorter is better :-) -NT - (boxley)
                             Not just MS. - (Another Scott) - (11)
                                 ARM the CPU architecture? - (drook) - (4)
                                     It's where all the growth is, and no MS tax. - (Another Scott) - (1)
                                         Neat, hadn't heard about that - (drook)
                                     Re: ARM the CPU architecture? - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                         Seems like MS doesn't care even if you do. - (crazy)
                                 I think your argument is from ten years ago. - (pwhysall) - (5)
                                     ..__--oo000oo--__.. - (Another Scott) - (4)
                                         MS really, really don't care about Linux on PCs - (pwhysall) - (3)
                                             Linus probably doesn't care much about Linux on PCs either. - (Another Scott) - (2)
                                                 Re: Linus probably doesn't care much about Linux on PCs eith - (pwhysall) - (1)
                                                     Re: Linus probably doesn't care much about Linux on PCs eith - (Another Scott)
                             Ah I C: takes lots fewer words when you already know several - (Ashton) - (4)
                                 No special insight here - (drook) - (3)
                                     That's a useful start, but.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                                         Oh, I don't *believe* what they say - (drook)
                                     Great description of what I (try to) do - (drook)
                         Re: Fascinating + Confusing.. that's fun--but only at partie - (scoenye) - (2)
                             Rofl. :-) -NT - (Another Scott)
                             Hey! that's a Good error message.. - (Ashton)

She turned me into a NEWT!
281 ms