IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Tucker holds Alfredson harmless, so I guess I can too ;-)
Watched the unbelieveable Leafs come back last night. Man, what a game. I almost turned it off when Ottawa went up early 2-0. I saw a short interview with Tucker and he said (as best I can recall) "I know Danny and he's not a dirty player. I'm sure he didn't mean to hurt me." When the interviewer said, "The referees have said there was no penalty", Tucker said, "But the replay shows differently, doesn't it?" He went on to say that there were different rules for different players when it comes to penalty calls but "You can't do anything about that so you just have to play on." (That's as close as I can remember, but I got the intent right anyway).

Still, its a damned shame when the unequal ref'ing yields a game winning goal.

Even if my beloved Leafs lose tomorrow night, I am damned proud of them. I don't care what Sundin says ("It's not whose missing, it's whose here"), you take any NHL team, set SEVEN players on the bench with injuries and still make it this far into the second season, you've done your team, city, country and league proud.

This Cup is the Wings to lose and if they don't take the cup to Detroit this year, then Wings fans will have more to be p.o.'d about this year than Caps fans and Ranger fans do combined.

Gotta love those Sharks though. I sure hope they put the Nordiques out of it before they face Detroit. I might be nuts, but I think Detroit would have an easier time with San Jose than they would with Quebec/Colorado.

Should be two good games tonight. I hope Theodore can stand on his head again for the Habs.
New the habs only saving grace is the goalie
but you have to have some defence of some kind. :(
TAM ARIS QUAM ARMIPOTENS
New Don't forget Gilmour.
Of course, he was better when he was a Leaf.
New And some offence too
Can't win a game without scoring. You can't rely on your goaltender for the entire playoffs.

Brutal tonight in Montreal. Canes are whupping them 7-1. The Canes got out to a quick 2-0 lead much like the Senators and the similarity with the last Leaf-Senators game ended there. The Canadiens folded like a beach house on the Florida beach during a hurricane. Ooooo a funny...
lister
New Like Rick Flair said last night in toronto
"Im 16 times world champion. 15 times more than the Leafs":) Will be pulling for TO but are they out of gas?
thanx,
bill
TAM ARIS QUAM ARMIPOTENS
New Flair can't count
Try like two more times than the Leafs. A Toronto team has won the Stanley Cup 14 times.

The Leafs should have been out of gas after the Islanders series and Ottawa should have had short work of them. Should the buds win tonight, it's likely they'll have their hands full with Carolina.
lister
New Yabut.
I've always held (and maybe said here before) that Yushkevich being out hurts more than Sundin being out. The Leafs are banged up badly and Carolina should beat them. However, if the rumors are true and Sundin can return in the next round, it might just give the Leafs enough gas to get past Carolina. (Assuming, of course, they fend off the Sens tonight).
New BELEAF!
I was at a bar/restaurant last night in disbelief after the quick two goals and I didn't even finish my first beer yet. I switched to the hard stuff (martini's) starting at that point to ease the heartbreak... What a great comeback though!

Yeah there's always the Roy factor come the next series should Colorado win out.
     Hey Lister! can I borrow your refs for the - (boxley) - (11)
         Re: Hey Lister! can I borrow your refs for the - (lister) - (10)
             Explain Alfredson-of-a-bitch to me. - (mmoffitt) - (9)
                 Don't blame the player - (lister) - (8)
                     Tucker holds Alfredson harmless, so I guess I can too ;-) - (mmoffitt) - (7)
                         the habs only saving grace is the goalie - (boxley) - (5)
                             Don't forget Gilmour. - (mmoffitt)
                             And some offence too - (lister) - (3)
                                 Like Rick Flair said last night in toronto - (boxley) - (2)
                                     Flair can't count - (lister) - (1)
                                         Yabut. - (mmoffitt)
                         BELEAF! - (lister)

She's kinda got that "tornado bait before the DingDongs work their magic" look.
85 ms