IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Land's End and John O'Groats...
..are both depressing, tawdry, cheap-and-nasty tourist traps.

JOG is cheaperer and nastierer than LE, but still.

If you come to the correct side of the water, leave these two places off your itinerary.

Street View:

http://goo.gl/maps/0FxXH
http://goo.gl/maps/iyBj3
New Fascinating.. we are Sooo jaded.
Tawdry perhaps?--but the cleanest/neatest tawdry (via any comparison of tawdry..) here in the dis-US.

I mean I Mean: re jaded.. the Vincent stuff was half a fucking-Century ago! and the thought then, of typing a few cryptic alphanumerics and ...
Seeing a sharp pic of Some Random Place?
B O G G L E !!!

Well, anyway--when the poor sods got to Either terminus back then, maybe in pouring rain, probably all they needed was a cuppa/a pint wouldn't do/driving, ya see.
Then start back. Put on more miles..

Maybe it is the fate of any professionally-Happy-Happy holiday place? (exactly like the 'Howstrake Holiday Camp' on I.O.M, where I stayed/camped o'nite before the T.T.)
Yes it was ruggedly-minimalist but we yout can sleep Anywhere and: I was ON The Isle of Man! so I thought Howstrake was just the-(cheap-enough)-Ticket.
Here or Blighty--they never seem to make enough profits/put enough cash in budget? to keep things looking like.. well, every of your pics of those utterly-perfect,
manicured open spaces near {{envy}} your domicile.

We become discriminating only after.. they start paying us enough to have disposable income--am I Right, Sir?

Cheers,
It's 29°F outside--but I can see all the stars!
New if I was giving travel advice to kewl uk destinations
visit the crown jewels and contemplate how to pinch the huntress diana piece. Landridnod wells, and Bainborough castle with a visit to whar land as well, but I am a provincial
Any opinions expressed by me are mine alone, posted from my home computer, on my own time as a free American and do not reflect the opinions of any person or company that I have had professional relations with in the past 58 years. meep
New A hike up Mam Tor in Pennines.. for necessary exercise..
See the walking-shadow of Sir Thomas Beecham at the Philharmonic (sitting--in his umpty-umph years--while conducting..)
<cancelled> due to cancellation of Sir Thomas.

Eat One Wimpyburger--to verify that One is enough for liff.
Dine at one Posh restaurant: to prove that Yes, Brits Can prepare sumptuous/despite any Vegemite-caused hallucinations elsewhere.
Take boat to Isle of Man.. even sans the motorcycles/T.T. Get out of fine Douglas and See the stone walls, etc.
O'nite in Harwich before ferry to Denmark: have World's Best ham with that AM egg (from Denmark; or was I just lucky?)

Lots to do on the Sceptered..
New I'm going to photograph waterfalls today
Thomason Foss near Beck Hole, and if that proves inaccessible (we've had a lot of high winds, trees might be down) then it's on to Falling Foss near Littlebeck.

Shame that the Midge Hall tearooms at the latter will be closed, though.
     Land's End - (rcareaga) - (18)
         It's the way of the world. :-( - (Another Scott) - (2)
             There's been a price crash on quite a lot of things. - (static)
             anymore I buy that stuff no name at fleamarkets - (boxley)
         just purchased a new pair of redwing hiking boots - (boxley)
         Hadn't realized that Sears bought Lands End - (Ashton)
         Yep, they've gone "down the tubes". - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             LL Bean - (rcareaga)
         Re: "Land's End" - (malraux) - (10)
             Sing him the balad of the Edmond Fitzgerald! - (a6l6e6x)
             Yabut.. the quintessential 'Lands End', historically - (Ashton) - (8)
                 Lake Tahoe is a puddle - (malraux) - (2)
                     Russkies overshadow both locales: largest clean-water Lake - (Ashton) - (1)
                         Yep, that's a big one too -NT - (malraux)
                 Land's End and John O'Groats... - (pwhysall) - (4)
                     Fascinating.. we are Sooo jaded. - (Ashton)
                     if I was giving travel advice to kewl uk destinations - (boxley) - (2)
                         A hike up Mam Tor in Pennines.. for necessary exercise.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                             I'm going to photograph waterfalls today - (pwhysall)

The mass production of beer is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
52 ms