IWETHEY v. 0.3.0 | TODO
1,095 registered users | 0 active users | 0 LpH | Statistics
Login | Create New User
IWETHEY Banner

Welcome to IWETHEY!

New Yep, they've gone "down the tubes".
My wife had 3 LE ladies Oxford shirts for many years. She felt like she was extravagant and needed prodding from me to get them. They were great, but over time, one got a rip and another got bleach splashed on it. Anyway, I got her to buy 3 similar ones recently. They were more expensive and quality is just not there.

Likewise, online, she bought a pair of boots and a pair of shoes. Same size. One fit and one was way too tight. Fortunately, as returns, one can take them to Sears.

Incidentally, it is rumored that Sears Holding (which is also K-Mart) is getting ready to IPO or spin off Lands End. Eddy Lampert, the top dog, may be a money guy he's but no retailer.

LL Bean may be a better bet, China manufacturing notwithstanding. But, we don't get that much from them to be good judges.
Alex
New LL Bean
Now that you mention it, I did order a few canvas shirts recently from LL Bean, and these do appear to be of decent materials and workmanship, although I'll reserve final judgment until a few laundry cycles have passed.

cordially,
     Land's End - (rcareaga) - (18)
         It's the way of the world. :-( - (Another Scott) - (2)
             There's been a price crash on quite a lot of things. - (static)
             anymore I buy that stuff no name at fleamarkets - (boxley)
         just purchased a new pair of redwing hiking boots - (boxley)
         Hadn't realized that Sears bought Lands End - (Ashton)
         Yep, they've gone "down the tubes". - (a6l6e6x) - (1)
             LL Bean - (rcareaga)
         Re: "Land's End" - (malraux) - (10)
             Sing him the balad of the Edmond Fitzgerald! - (a6l6e6x)
             Yabut.. the quintessential 'Lands End', historically - (Ashton) - (8)
                 Lake Tahoe is a puddle - (malraux) - (2)
                     Russkies overshadow both locales: largest clean-water Lake - (Ashton) - (1)
                         Yep, that's a big one too -NT - (malraux)
                 Land's End and John O'Groats... - (pwhysall) - (4)
                     Fascinating.. we are Sooo jaded. - (Ashton)
                     if I was giving travel advice to kewl uk destinations - (boxley) - (2)
                         A hike up Mam Tor in Pennines.. for necessary exercise.. - (Ashton) - (1)
                             I'm going to photograph waterfalls today - (pwhysall)

An eye is upon you!
67 ms